1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another "Extend Custom Title Limit" Thread

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Izagar, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Izagar

Izagar Active Member

Didn't want to bump a topic... Not sure if we could.

Was looking at this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/limit-usertitle-characters.27515/ And was confused on how to change it. Do I have to edit the database?

Cause when I tried it like the last post, I got this error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'custom_title' at row 1
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1607
    XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1576
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 285
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/zelda-sanctuary.net/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13

I extended it from the limit of 50 to 200 and even 150 and it did it. My members want longer user titles. Help? :3
  2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

the problem is, you can't change only the php files( btw, you should use the plugin sys instead of overwriting original files!;) )
    you also need to change the database structure

(e.g. with phpmyadmin you need to change the length of the custom_title field in the xf_user table)
    Izagar likes this.
  3. Izagar

Izagar Active Member

I see. I gotta wait for my host to do it then. Cause his laptop got fried... And he can't afford getting cpanel. Still a nice friend of mine. XD

Thankies dude. :3