Another Dumb Question - Everyone is a Guest

Hi all,

I might decide to stick all my silly easy questions in the one thread to not bug people.

I did the converting a week from IPB - VB - XF however everyone expect for the Admins are named Guests in the posts and even on the Staff List for Moderators. Any solution to this one?

Hi all,

I might decide to stick all my silly easy questions in the one thread to not bug people.

I did the converting a week from IPB - VB - XF however everyone expect for the Admins are named Guests in the posts and even on the Staff List for Moderators. Any solution to this one?

Did you run the Rebuild User Caches options after the conversion?

P.s. Were your users converted ok the first time around btw, when you converted from Ipb to vB?

They have Guest for their user title?

1) If the post author doesn't have an account then their title will be Guest. You know the author doesn't have an account when their username / avatar isn't hyperlinked in the post.

2) Otherwise the title must be set somewhere else. Check these areas for a Guest title:

Admin CP -> Users -> Trophy User Titles

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users -> [find their account] -> Profile Info -> Custom Title

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [edit a group] -> User Title Override

You will get this issue if you run the thread import before the member/user import. You have to run the imports as they are listed. One by one.

Top Bottom