Anonymous section [Deleted]

Seriously? o_O

Socially Uncensored is an uncensored community that allows everyone the freedom to fully express themselves without any censorship. Our site logo as always been the logo of Anonymous, since the founding of it on September 7, 2010. We do indeed support Anonymous.

But I don't expect you to know that all... What I find surprising it that you've never noticed the logo in my sig all this time or maybe my original avatar. Or my sig which use to always say, Official Member of Anonymous. I only changed it last week.

I guess these things kind of flew by you, huh?

(No disrespect. Just finding it a little ironic.)
I was kidding :P

DI... another issue which is pretty blatant, and just tell me what you want sent for this to be fixed, as on the forum home it shows the real username of the person who posted:

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 12.32.15 PM.webp

It shows correctly the random guest name in the forum view and thread view pages, just not forum home.

Another issue... the posts end up in the users post search history. How to remove this issue so posts in that forum aren't being indexed? Basically, its a bit uncool when clicking a membercard, then posts, and up come all the posts with random usernames under that persons post search...

How about you tell me how much to get this thing secured up correctly from your known holes!!! I need it to basically stop sending the posts to search (using elastic search) from whatever node id is entered into your option field. I can give you a dev environment with ES for you to test upon if needed.

Whatever the other holes are you mentioned, probably a sound idea as well, to make this actually anonymous posting. :)

I have found 1 abusive flaw in this modification.

The Administrator can not see the IP of the person posting. So except for the few loopholes that some people here have discovered .... There really is no way to tell who is posting what.

So on a very busy site ... Tracking that person down, who maybe using the anonymous feature for rule violation .... A spammer for example .... Would be hard to find them and kick them out.

I have found 1 abusive flaw in this modification.

The Administrator can not see the IP of the person posting. So except for the few loopholes that some people here have discovered .... There really is no way to tell who is posting what.

So on a very busy site ... Tracking that person down, who maybe using the anonymous feature for rule violation .... A spammer for example .... Would be hard to find them and kick them out.

Comment out line 101 library/Dark/Anonymous/Model/Post.php (ip_id stuff)

Another issue... the posts end up in the users post search history. How to remove this issue so posts in that forum aren't being indexed? Basically, its a bit uncool when clicking a membercard, then posts, and up come all the posts with random usernames under that persons post search...

How about you tell me how much to get this thing secured up correctly from your known holes!!! I need it to basically stop sending the posts to search (using elastic search) from whatever node id is entered into your option field. I can give you a dev environment with ES for you to test upon if needed.

Whatever the other holes are you mentioned, probably a sound idea as well, to make this actually anonymous posting. :)

PM me the dev environment details and I can take a look..

That sort of thing should be covered normally - it's just ES that is confusing things. The holes I'm talking about are really minor in comparison, such as RSS feeds if I remember correctly.

Missed one last template edit, my bad - see installation step 5
Is it just me, or is this still an issue? I'm still seeing my real user name in forum home. Edit: I'm posting from my admin account tho. Not sure if that matters ...

Also it would be nice if it was possible to set up more than just one forum as anonymous.

And just a thought, but I think perhaps it would be better if the hashed usernames were stored in the database rather than the real ones. That way, if the add-on is uninstalled (for whatever reason) the anonymity of the users is better preserved. As long as the IP address is stored, I think that is sufficient for moderators to stay on top of things w.r.t. abuse / spam etc.

I really like the idea of this add-on tho! I'm keen to try it out with my users.

Uninstalling this doesn't drop the columns from the database...

It doesn't make any database changes

Is it just me, or is this still an issue? I'm still seeing my real user name in forum home. Edit: I'm posting from my admin account tho. Not sure if that matters ...

Shouldn't be an issue unless you haven't applied all the template edits or your style conflicts

And just a thought, but I think perhaps it would be better if the hashed usernames were stored in the database rather than the real ones. That way, if the add-on is uninstalled (for whatever reason) the anonymity of the users is better preserved. As long as the IP address is stored, I think that is sufficient for moderators to stay on top of things w.r.t. abuse / spam etc.

That's the other potential approach which has its own set of flaws iirc - I went with the 'softmod' approach which fitted my requirements the best

When viewing attachment in Anonymous section:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: thread - library/Dark/Anonymous/Model/Post.php:55

Could be fixed by:
/Model/Post.php
PHP:
-            $post['username'] = Dark_Anonymous_Hash::hashFromInfo($nodeId, $thread['thread_id'], $post['post_id'], $post['user_id']); 
+            $post['username'] = Dark_Anonymous_Hash::hashFromInfo($nodeId, $post['post_id'], $post['user_id']);

Was unable to hide Post Ratings with this addon since Post Ratings are useless in this addon. Disabled for now.

Interesting and fun addon. Using it in one of the "fun and games" subforums on my board.

Sadly not as anyonymous as I would like as I believe the anonymous section's posts still show in search results when you search a specific users username.

Top Bottom