Add-on Anonymous posting

Butteroll

I am looking to have an add-on designed to provide anonymous posting abilities.
On every thread a user will be able to comment on threads with a randomized anonymous ID, and I will be able to decide on which forum it is possible to do this.

Primary additional features I would want:

Notifications for anonymous posters ( If possible through IP/session I don't know enough but that's a guess ).
Ability as a signed user to post as an anonymous user, though get notifications for it the regular way. Meaning people won't be able to see your true user identity.
The ability to open a thread as an anonymous user.

I have seen this:

But the comments suggest there are still problems with that and so I haven't bought it yet. Any suggestions/info?

I don't know if this satisfies your requirements, but you didn't mention the add-on in your post so just in case...

I am looking to have an add-on designed to provide anonymous posting abilities.
On every thread a user will be able to comment on threads with a randomized anonymous ID, and I will be able to decide on which forum it is possible to do this.

Primary additional features I would want:

Notifications for anonymous posters ( If possible through IP/session I don't know enough but that's a guess ).
Ability as a signed user to post as an anonymous user, though get notifications for it the regular way. Meaning people won't be able to see your true user identity.
The ability to open a thread as an anonymous user.

I have seen this:

But the comments suggest there are still problems with that and so I haven't bought it yet. Any suggestions/info?

We are dying for a good one.

There's this one for XF2, but it's very nascent and not very secure – apparently anonymous posters can be easily identified.

On our board, professionals in our industry dish scoops on people they work with, so security is important.

We used this one with good results on XF1. There was a bug in it briefly and the developer went dark, but we got it fixed quickly with a couple hours of custom work.

A while back we posted our ideal specs for such an add-on for XF2 – there's what we "need to have" (core features) and what we "want to have" (wish list).

Here's another thread of people discussing their desire for such an add-on.

We are considering hiring a dev to build one for us, because the current options leave much to be desired. Get in touch with us if that sounds appealing to you.

The one that the guy wrote for us before has now broken. He hasn't been seen since 2018 and I paid way too much for it. So I'm back to looking for a replacement as well.

This must exist as i see it in action on a xenforo system last week, now the site has gone! it allowed non registered guests to post as anonymous all posts was anonymous like 4chan system using xenforo. Anyone know what it was or how they did it? instead of having the username option box like you get when you set guests can post it had no name box and and when you posted it assigned the name Anonymous posted. as per screen shot all users was anonymous.

Attachments

• see-allanon.webp
    see-allanon.webp
    6 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom