Add-on Anonymous Board, Threads, Posts

I am building a "Whistle Blowing" site/board. I want my users to have to register and be logged in to see the board. I want all threads and posts not show any poster info. (except to admins and mods) I simply want it to show up as an anonymous comment. I want to encourage total anonymity.

This is for local government employees.

Admins and mods will always see the poster's info

Is this do-able?

It would also be nice if it created an IP log for each user. eg, user #3 has logged in using three different ip addresses. User #17 has logged in with a different ip each time.

I am building a "Whistle Blowing" site/board. I want my users to have to register and be logged in to see the board. I want all threads and posts not show any poster info. (except to admins and mods) I simply want it to show up as an anonymous comment. I want to encourage total anonymity.

This is for local government employees.

Admins and mods will always see the poster's info

Is this do-able?

It would also be nice if it created an IP log for each user. eg, user #3 has logged in using three different ip addresses. User #17 has logged in with a different ip each time.

I believe you can technically enable Guests to post, which would give you the ability to have user post without their account. But that means you loose the account information, it won't be available for admins and moderators.

The IP log is already a built in feature for XenForo, but it does not logs when the user logins, it logs only when the user participates and posts something (conversation, profile post, post, etc).

So, is this do-able? Its worth a $100. US if someone can make this work with a UI.X theme. I need it to be upgradeable to future versions XenForo.

I reposted this in what I feel might be a more appropriate section. Please feel free to lock or delete this thread.

there is an anonymous posting addon by xfrocks i believe. Did you search the Resources?

I use it in a different fashion. People with inside knowledge have access to that addon and are able to post leaks/rumours using that addon.

Top Bottom