Andy Whitfield Passed Away

Yeah, just read about it a while ago. I didn't know his lymphoma was so serious. As cliche as it may sound, but the series will never be the same without him.

Yeah, just read about it a while ago. I didn't know his lymphoma was so serious. As cliche as it may sound, but the series will never be the same without him.
Yeah, I thought and hoped he was actually going to be able to pull out of it. Cliche or not, he WAS Spartacus. He brought so much life to that character. It definitely will never be the same.

Very sad news. I read months ago that he was undergoing treatment and that he pulled out of season 2 of Spartacus due to treatment he was under going. A very talented actor. Rest in Peace.

Very sad news. I read months ago that he was undergoing treatment and that he pulled out of season 2 of Spartacus due to treatment he was under going. A very talented actor. Rest in Peace.
Indeed, I read that part of the reason he pulled out of season 2 was simply him wanting to be able to spend time with his family. I'm glad he was able to do so.

He indeed had pulled out for focusing on his health and spending time with his family. After two months of his first diagnosis, he was declared cancer-free but the lymphoma recurred. This was when the prequel Spartacus: Gods of the Arena was filmed as they all were expecting his recovery, but he eventually gave his blessing to Liam McIntyre for replacing his role for season 2.

He indeed had pulled out for focusing on his health and spending time with his family. After two months of his first diagnosis, he was declared cancer-free but the lymphoma recurred. This was when the prequel Spartacus: Gods of the Arena was filmed as they all were expecting his recovery, but he eventually gave his blessing to Liam McIntyre for replacing his role for season 2.
They plan on changing the character (or developing him more) a bit, too. They know that no one can replace Andy.

They plan on changing the character (or developing him more) a bit, too. They know that no one can replace Andy.
I think they would have to have done that either way...since Spartacus is no longer a captive gladiator, but a free man with a vengeance. But true, he defined his character very well.

Top Bottom