Android app for Xenforo Official community

This community can do better with an app

• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

meetdilip

Just wondering if anyone would like the idea of browsing this community from their Android device. I am currently working on an app for Android which can update on this community. Anyone interested ?

Goals :

1. One time fee

2. No branding

3. List of latest posts

4. Support for adding links to your blog/CMS etc

5. Auto refresh

6. Support for all features Xenforo + addons offer ( theoretically )

7. Custom colour scheme

8. Custom Side menu

9. Maximum protection from breaking of app due to Xenforo / add on updates

10. Product as is. No strings attached, no hidden fees.

11. Customized for your website, not just forum

Optional

# Your logo as app icon ( need to supply png in specified sizes )

# Customized splash screen ( need to supply png in specified sizes )

I have a couple of mock ups with me

Xen11.webp

Xen12.webp

It comes with a beautiful custom made side menu, it's own colour scheme, latest post updater etc.

Would you like to get this app ? Let me know your thoughts in comments. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone would like the idea of browsing this community from their Android device. I am currently working on an app for Android which can update on this community. Anyone interested ?

I have a couple of mockups with me

View attachment 137730

View attachment 137731

It comes with a beautiful custom made side menu, it's own colour scheme, latest post updater etc.

Would you like to get this app ? Let me know your thoughts in comments. Thanks.
I'm sure many people will choose Slavik's mobile app so I don't know if your time and effort will worth enough:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/native-xenforo-app-in-development.109044/page-16#post-1082415

@Claudio

Thanks for pointing to Slavik's app thread. I am planning to release this app as unbranded. There will be no signature of mine unless it is available in the code. Also, no monthly fee as well. If someone likes to have an Andriod app, affordable and working at the same time, I guess this alternative may be interesting. Also, I am almost there. Just a few testing and we are ready to go.

PS : I have a splash screen if you can all that branding. But I am offering personalized splash screen if someone wants them.

@meetdilip

I'm waiting to see what Slavik has to offer but I dont think there will be much interest in your app if it is only for Android. What about all my iPhone users?

Currently I have no plans for an iOS version. Not that it is possible, but that would be something for the future.

So are you going to release an app to browse xenforo.com and than also app dedicated other xenforo installation?
it will support push notification?

@Kintaro push notifications are going to make the app costly. I would be offering a version with the same only if there are too many requests.

Yes, I will at first give you an app based on Xenforo.com so that you get an idea how the app will work. And if someone wants it for their Xenforo installation, I can customise the app based on their domain and choice of side menu among a few other options.

Last edited:
Ok. This is my first release of Xenforo app. I have uploaded the ( beta ) apk to Google Drive for Xenforo users to test. Please leave your smart phone model and make, and Android version in comments, bug reports. Thanks.

https://goo.gl/Ww0KI9

Last edited:
I installed it, but when you click one topic it just takes you to the relevant link in a browser window.

It simply opens the URL in responsive view within the app. You will never be prompted or redirected to the browser. If that is the case, please let me know.

Got it. I didn't know this was going to be a wrapper. In that case I will just uninstall it, I don't see the point of wrapper apps.

The alternative would be limited features and lack of support to add-on features. The app will give you a full list of latest topics, auto-refreshed.

Do you mind sharing phone's OS version ? If possible phone's model & make as well.

Oh look I'm not saying its not useful in general, I'm just saying wrappers just don't do it for me, I'm sure other people find them useful :)

I have an LG G4, android version 5.1

Top Bottom