Android 4.4 (KitKat) Update

Shelley

Just curious people with Nexus 7 (2012) version tablets, have you received the latest update 4.4 (kitkat) yet?

I have 3 devices still waiting and a further 7+ more to update but was wondering if anyone else still hasn't received their 4.4 update to the latest Android OS?

Kindle Fire 1st Generation ... Very surprised that 4.4 uses less memory than 4.3. Was really expecting it to kill my poor little tablet. But again, to my surprise it uses less.

So for those of you on newer devices... You're going to love it.

I've been reading a little more about android updates. Am I right in thinking from what has been posted that google are not supplying the latest update to devices that are more than 18 months old?

I've been reading a little more about android updates. Am I right in thinking from what has been posted that google are not supplying the latest update to devices that are more than 18 months old?
This is most likely true. But you can always obtain a custom rom / mod.

If I didn't root my device, I'd still be on old Android 2.3 (I think it was).

My Nexus 7 has a smashed screen unfortunately :(

And, as well as that, I only have an S2, and CM 11 hasn't been released fully yet...

Liam

That is true. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I will get no update. Now I'm stuck on 4.3. :(

hmmm.. I got mine the same time as you and I haven't had an update :(

hmmmm that nexus I purchased hasn't received the update yet and the other nexus hasn't either but my secondary nexus I use 32 gig 2012 has received it.

It's a little odd how google can't push out the OTA updates to everyone at the same time (no excuse for it imo) what I'm concerned about and if it goes through I'll drop android altogether. this year my 32 gig nexus 2012 model will be over 18 months old if google do decide to not push updates for it I'll switch to either Microsoft or Apple.

I read an article (and I can believe this) that mobile devices and tablets are fast enough to run the latest os of android so they are capable of running these latest OS of android. I think google are being d--ks about it and forcing users to upgrade tablets/mobile devices when there's no need to. They have a chance to cut down the fragmentation between android OS on mobiles but they do something stupid by not updating devices older than 18 months old.

That is true. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I will get no update. Now I'm stuck on 4.3. :(

Yeah, I'd be seriously annoyed by this. From what I gather the update would certainly improve performance on your mobile device but google are just being greedy and lazy imo.

hmmmm that nexus I purchased hasn't received the update yet and the other nexus hasn't either but my secondary nexus I use 32 gig 2012 has received it.
We only received them at the end of July last year, so that puts them at under 18 months old so they should get the update, surely.

We only received them at the end of July last year, so that puts them at under 18 months old so they should get the update, surely.

Ah yeah, the Nexus 7 2012 versions are getting it. But whether we'll get the major version of the next OS update is another story.

Top Bottom