• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Analytis issues

cdub

I'm having some Analytics issues connecting my Adsense to Analytics...blah blah blah.

Long story short is Google wants me to move where my Analytics code is to right under the body:

I checked your account and found that Adsense data seems to have stopped tracking from April 6 onwards.
Can you move the Analytics tracking code to just above </body> (just before closing the body tag)? Also, you will need to replace this code with the system-generated tracking code (sign in to your Analytics account - click on the Admin tab on the top right - click on the 2nd web-property: and you should be taken to (UA-452317-2) - click on the "Tracking info" tab, and obtain the code from here, and place it just above </body>
Help: https://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1008080 (the instructions here ask you to place the code in the head section but ignore that - when integrating it with adsense, you will need to have it in the body tag)
So - to do this I remove the Analytics info from the Statistics tab and paste it into the bottom of the PAGE_CONTAINER?

Is the PAGE_CONTAINER for ALL pages? (i don't want it to miss any)

cdub

I am.... but they are saying it isn't working. (and the code is properly implemented - analytics works just not the adsense integration)

cdub

But going back to my original question - is the PAGE_CONTAINER template used in every single page? So if I put the code in that template it'll be used on every page?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181112

Where can additional JavaScript be placed?
Additional JavaScript can be placed in the PAGE_CONTAINER, page_container_js_head or page_container_js_body templates. If PAGE_CONTAINER is used, it can be placed anywhere in the template. If page_container_js_head is used, it will be included in the head section of PAGE_CONTAINER. If page_container_js_body is used, it will be included in the body section of PAGE_CONTAINER, after the footer. It depends on the JavaScript to a large extent; some require to be placed in the head, some in the body.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Yes, otherwise it would be pointless placing it there and why it has been added to the FAQ.

Did you actually read the FAQ?
The entry above is:

Which template should I edit if I want it to be applied to all pages?
The PAGE_CONTAINER template.