An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

It looks like it has been resolved - your site is loading for me.

For future reference, if you view the page source, more details will be available for the error.

It looks like it has been resolved - your site is loading for me.

For future reference, if you view the page source, more details will be available for the error.
Hi there Brogan,

I didn't want to open a new thread for this. I'm having the same issue as pointed here. Here's the error message I got:

Code:
<!-- MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry '1484' for key 'xf_ip.PRIMARY' -->

I update the forum from the admin interface, I don't know if that's got something to do with this.

Regards,

Hi there Brogan,

I didn't want to open a new thread for this. I'm having the same issue as pointed here. Here's the error message I got:

Code:
<!-- MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry '1484' for key 'xf_ip.PRIMARY' -->

I update the forum from the admin interface, I don't know if that's got something to do with this.

Regards,
Hi there,

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks 🙏

Code:
MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry '1484' for key 'xf_ip.PRIMARY'

This seems to indicate something is trying to insert a row into the xf_ip table that has the same primary key (in this case, it's the "ip_id" column) as an existing entry. That's very odd because the primary key is set to auto increment, so really inserts should not be specifying the value for that column I wouldn't think....

Make a backup of that table and then delete the specific row and try again.
I have done what you said and this is a total mess... I don't understand what's going on... Let me try to explain...

I had to delete like 20 or so rows, because every time I delete one row another one came up in the error page, so I had to delete them one by one... That only worked like for two hours because the same issue came up again, so I did that again for a second time.

But now, the site looks raw, like it doesn't read the CSS file or something.

Anyway, this is very sad for me and I'm afraid that I'm going to lose almost 50,000 threads that I have in my forum...

That has nothing to do with the ip table in the database. You should check your paths and permissions on files and directories.

In general files and directories should be 0644 and 0755 respectively.
The /data and /internal_data directories should be:
0666/0777 if PHP runs as "nobody" (the web server user)
0644/0755 if it runs as "your" user (suPHP for example)

That has nothing to do with the ip table in the database. You should check your paths and permissions on files and directories.

In general files and directories should be 0644 and 0755 respectively.
The /data and /internal_data directories should be:
0666/0777 if PHP runs as "nobody" (the web server user)
0644/0755 if it runs as "your" user (suPHP for example)
Hi there,

Thanks for your comments.

I didn't mean to say that the CSS issue was caused by the database issue, it's just a terrible coincidence, that's all.

I'm going to check the files and directories during the day to see if it solves the CSS issue.

Meanwhile, the database issue is happening again. I'm going nuts with this.

Regards to all...

By the way, right now, as my forum is going, I can't do much from the admin panel, so I'm wondering, how can I turn off or deactivate an add-on manually? I think one of my add-ons is causing all this...

Thanks

Hi there, everyone

Just wanted to let you know that finally, after my site was down for 3 weeks for some reason I still can't figure out, I made the decision to move my forum to WordPress (wpforo plugin)... I'm not happy at all for this change because I really like this XenForo software but I was at a point that I had to decide what to do...

My only regret is that recently I paid for some plugins or add-ons that I won't be able to use, that money had gone to waste, at least for me, I hope it helps the developers...

I won't be paying for XenForo any longer either...

Regards,

Top Bottom