An active stalker harassing my community- what to do?

borgqueenx

Ive looked a bit into this and asked others but i wanted to ask here as well, because maybe there is an add-on or something that might help us with the problem.
basicly, i have a stalker on my website who is posting specific photos of a user on our community and spreading her address, phone numbers etc. My only solution i now had is to lock our website- new members cannot do anything without granted permissions. But this is difficult for us, since it makes it harder for people to get in contact with us. And since we are a guild we dont like this solution so much.

Banning is just a temporary solution. He creates email addresses on a big scale and re-registers using VPN so every time he gets a new IP address.

Hope you guys might have a tip or 2 how to prevent this sick idiot from returning and letting our site function normally.

Contact the police
they really do not give a single **** here in my country. he did alot of bad things but the police dont care. want to be a criminal? move to the netherlands.
@Daniel Hood thanks alot for your suggestions....but i dont want access into other people pm's. for now newly registered users cannot start conversations on their own.

I have plenty of tips for you, but not in open forum. Your members can read here too.

@Daniel Hood thanks alot for your suggestions....but i dont want access into other people pm's. for now newly registered users cannot start conversations on their own.
That add-on doesn't give you access to the member's conversations. It just scans messages for the terms you specify and alerts you when they're used. So basically if you watch for number "123456789" (pretending that's the phone number he's spamming), when it comes up, a thread and log item would be created and you'd see "oh, their new username is this.. *ban*". It's worth mentioning though that you already have access to their conversations if you look in your database. The reason they're called "Conversations" instead of Private Messages has to do with the fact that there's no encryption layer and they aren't actually private. They're stored as plain text in your database.

Aside from that, I'm not really sure how to help you.

Actually that add on by @Daniel Hood is very useful for cases like this. You can not control what members send through the pc system, but you can try to monitor the conversations.

Another step would be to have something that will check for keywords in posts and threads too. You can also make a note of the stalker 's ip and messages that he is using to harras members of your forum. And if the police will not do anything, you can consult an atorney at law about your possibilities.

Top Bottom