Amazon Polly For Site Help Videos

Anthony Parsons

I recently stumbled onto the new Amazon Polly system when looking for text to speech. Not sure how I missed it before, being an Amazon AWS fan. Just WOW! This makes creating your own help videos for your website super professional, IMO, at an amazing price.

Polly is just $4 per million characters translated. A million characters is roughly 320+ pages from a book.

24 languages, a range of male and female voice options. Super cheap -- amazing outcome.

Does anyone else use it for their help video voice overlay?

https://aws.amazon.com/polly/

that utilises Polly and Lex to turn XenForo into a site that is entirely audio orientated
Yer... that has been crossing my mind recently. Add a "play post" button or such onto each post, so it converts it on the fly. Make it an upgrade so members are specifically paying to listen, instead of read posts.

Very cool find Anthony. Might try it out on a video next week. Never been a fan of my own voice, unless it's that really deep raspy voice I can only pull off the morning after a big night out :p

Yer... that has been crossing my mind recently. Add a "play post" button or such onto each post, so it converts it on the fly. Make it an upgrade so members are specifically paying to listen, instead of read posts.

You can already do that on the iPhone, not sure about other devices. Doesn't sound nearly as fluid as Polly though.

IMG_7744.webp

Yer, the text to voice recognition programs are pretty hit and miss... which is what I really love about Polly. It seems to be much smarter than any screen reader type program I've heard to date.

Why have a button?, why not just say 'read post', you could build a navigation system around Lex and search for stuff as well- XF could make money off it by pushing the code as a Saas offering

Top Bottom