• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Amazon Affiliate Dynamics link

I've already done the Amazon one, just edit the download and put in your affiliate tracking code:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/urlrewriter-auto-media-embed-and-affiliate-schemes.8292/

An interface to edit this without touching the code is coming, as is a much more dynamic system in general... the early release is just to prove it all works, it will be constantly improved.
If I only need the amazon affiliate link, isn't it too bloated to get the rest that I don't use?

At the moment that would simply require you commenting out the other bits you don't use.

What I'll be working on next week is an interface that allows you to specify the ones you do want to use in the Admin area so that you don't have to take the ones you don't intend to use or like.

At the moment that would simply require you commenting out the other bits you don't use.

What I'll be working on next week is an interface that allows you to specify the ones you do want to use in the Admin area so that you don't have to take the ones you don't intend to use or like.
Have fun porting! :D

Could this be limited to usergroups, I don't want to bother my premium members & staff with affiliate links, at all.

Good idea Floris. And yup it could... but it might get messy as that's effectively saying that each rewrite rule should be applied based on usergroup... because don't you want your premium members to have YouTube rewrites too? I'll look at everything on|off per usergroup, and consider more granular stuff later.

All of this is on the backburner for a fortnight though. My nan died earlier today, and so until after the funeral finding time post-work to concentrate is a little difficult. It will be done though as it remains incomplete for my own needs.

Top Bottom