Am I getting the most out of Xenforo?

OldCoals

Apart from a couple of add ons and some colour customisation my Xenforo install is out of the box.

I don't use the likes of route filters and the image proxy, I am not sure how these would benefit me.

I am guessing that the fact I don't use some of the features means I don't really need them?

If you're happy with the software and you have what you need - then you're getting the most out of it :)

everyone has different needs and wants. you might want to try out various addons, see how they could fit into what you are trying to create. dont add addons just for the sake of things. If things arent being used, or adding more clutter and not much use i disable and have paid for many many styles and addons that i dont use anymore. Its really all trial and error.

That doesn't necessarily means than I wouldn't benefit from other features. :D
Granted, but if you don't need them then you're still getting what you need from it :D There's always room for expanding on your needs though. The question is not "am I getting the most out of xenforo" but "Can I get MORE out of xenforo" ;)

The answer to that is always yes!

It really depends if you need the features.

For example, do you need a front page/portal? Do you need a gallery or showcase? Do you need a chatbox?

There are superb addons that address all of those but they're only useful if you need them.

As for more "generic" addons that improve the forums rather than adding new sections, the Post Ratings addon would be a good addition to most forums and is generally popular with users and the Notifications addon is massively useful.

I run the following add ons:

Digital Point Better Analytics
Notifications
Sitemap for XenForo

In terms of getting more out of Xenforo I am trying to understand the likes of the image proxy etc and it it would be use to me.

In terms of getting more out of Xenforo I am trying to understand the likes of the image proxy etc and it it would be use to me.
The image proxy is for sites that run SSL. It prevents browsers from displaying mixed content errors when users embed image links to non-SSL sites by simply fetching the image file and re-hosting it locally.
If you don't run SSL, you probably don't need the image proxy. But if you do run SSL, it's great.

Top Bottom