Alternatives to Photoshop

Andy.N

I have a PSD file that has layers and done in 300dpi. I want to send this to other people who can edit one or two layer, just simply change the text in each layer and print it out as high quality PDF.

I have a hard time finding anything free/inexpensive that can do the job quickly. I tried GIMP but it's so hard to work in it.

Is anything we can do online, from tablet that I can do anywhere? I don't want to carry my laptop around to edit a few words in this PSD.

Not on a tablet as far as I'm aware.
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago because my PS has decided to stop working. I'll get a hammer to it later on. :D

Gimp is the best free alternative I know of. Corel probably offers something but it's not going to be the cheapest alternative.

Gimp takes time to get used to. I believe if it was any easier to use it'd be a paid product lol

If you're just changing text. Gimp is certainly simple and easy to use for that specific purpose. The user clicks the layer and clicks the text to change it.

As far as tablet PCs go. I don't know of anything. Just simple drawing apps.

If you're just changing text. Gimp is certainly simple and easy to use for that specific purpose. The user clicks the layer and clicks the text to change it..
Or so I thought. That the first thing I did after I installed Gimp. Click on the layer and then click on the Text tool. I thought it will change the current text, instead it adds text in a layer on top of the text i want to change.
It seems lot of people couldn't find out how to do this according to the questions I found on google.

wouldn't it just be a whole lot easier using a laptop to edit that psd?

ps. instead of an alternative to photoshop how about an alternative to a tablet?

wouldn't it just be a whole lot easier using a laptop to edit that psd?
It would be extremely simple for me to do. It takes me <30 seconds to edit and generate a new PDF.
But I want to outsource this task to someone else who does not have PS.
Pirated software is not an option. It's a hard sell to ask someone to buy PS for this very trivial task.
And it seems that person needs to have Acroba Pro to be able to use its printer driver for high quality printing from PS?

It would be extremely simple for me to do. It takes me <30 seconds to edit and generate a new PDF.
But I want to assign this task to someone else who does not have PS. Pirated software is not an option. It's a hard sell to ask someone to buy PS for this very trivial task.
And it seems that person needs to have Acroba Pro to be able to use its printer driver for high quality printing from PS?

I'm not sure why you mentioned pirated software, I didn't advise that they use pirated software.

I thought i was clear if they use a laptop there are plenty of FREE psd editors and I'm quite sure plenty that will accommodate the 300dpi for them to edit the psd. Perhaps I'm missing the whole point here but why do they have to edit via a tablet? There are some things tablets aren't that great for and this is one of them I'm suggesting an easier option.

I look at that before and it seems to be simple photo edit, not PSD edit.
Well the function is basic but as far as I read, it will open .PSD. You can quickly change text with the text tool... basically any other app available for the ipad will do the same thing. Open with basic functions (nothing intense).

The idea of it is great but I just don't think a fully featured app/software is going to be available anytime soon. With the progress of processors, space, and memory on the tablets, I'd like to expect another 2-3 years before we see Adobe CS on the Ipad :)

I personally don't mind hauling around my mobile desktop (huge laptop) for a job. My clients enjoy the size of my laptop. The screen is 18 inches, I believe, so it's easier to display the product and they can sit back and think about it. With a tiny 7-8in screen you hand it to them and they squint? (I guess my clients may just be old).

I tried GIMP but it's so hard to work in it.

Matter of getting used. After using GIMP for quite some time, I find it much easier to handle than Photoshop. Obviously GIMP is not as powerful as Photoshop, but there is no a free better alternative. Give GIMP a second chance...

Top Bottom