Alternative Payment Merchant

psx

I had PayPal for the past two years and recently they have terminated my account due to terms and conditions, created another one they closed that one.

Now I'm looking for another payment merchant that has low fees.

Well, they won't really be able to use any other merchant provider then, will they?

Liam
2checkout seems alright because they use multiple payments methods like PayPal. So I might be able to use 2checkout for PayPal?

So members can pay using PayPal but it will transfer to 2checkout.

I've been using 2checkout for many years, dropped them about 2-3 years ago because of hidden fees. Basically if you sell and get paid in currency other than USD, they charge extra 10% for currency conversion.

So customer pays you in EUR, money is converted to USD, 2co gets their fees, then when you withdraw money it converts back to EUR. However those conversion rates are different - one for buying USD, one for selling USD. Difference is about 10%. It doesn't show up anywhere on website, I had to find out hard way after losing many hundreds.

PayPal doesn't do that. If customer pays in EUR, it stays in EUR account, then withdrawn in EUR as well. No unnecessary conversion.

But otherwise 2co was good. Problems arise only if you are not in US and get paid in anything other than US. They also had slightly higher fees than PayPal.

I've been using 2checkout for many years, dropped them about 2-3 years ago because of hidden fees. Basically if you sell and get paid in currency other than USD, they charge extra 10% for currency conversion.

So customer pays you in EUR, money is converted to USD, 2co gets their fees, then when you withdraw money it converts back to EUR. However those conversion rates are different - one for buying USD, one for selling USD. Difference is about 10%. It doesn't show up anywhere on website, I had to find out hard way after losing many hundreds.

PayPal doesn't do that. If customer pays in EUR, it stays in EUR account, then withdrawn in EUR as well. No unnecessary conversion.

But otherwise 2co was good. Problems arise only if you are not in US and get paid in anything other than US. They also had slightly higher fees than PayPal.
Did you get 2checkout running with Xenforo? and what do you use at the moment?

Have you checked Authorize.net?
Too expensive for a backup payment method. Could make sense if it was a primary payment method, but too many customers are used to PayPal, so I'm looking for something simple and inexpensive, not anything like Authorize.

So far I've checked:
  • Payza - scam. Their withdraw money page is on permanent "will be available soon" status and in mean time they take "inactivity fee" from account, stealing user's money.
  • Qiwi - looks promising when dealing with former USSR clients (I have many of them because I speak Russian and provide support in Russian), but it covers very few countries.
  • Google Wallet - only US users can receive money

Last edited:
Too expensive for a backup payment method. Could make sense if it was a primary payment method, but too many customers are used to PayPal, so I'm looking for something simple and inexpensive, not anything like Authorize.

So far I've checked:
  • Payza - scam. Their withdraw money page is on permanent "will be available soon" status and in mean time they take "inactivity fee" from account, stealing user's money.
  • Qiwi - looks promising when dealing with former USSR clients (I have many of them because I speak Russian and provide support in Russian), but it covers very few countries.
  • Google Wallet - only US users can receive money
With Qiwi is there anyway to integrate it with Xenforo?

Top Bottom