1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Alot of errors suddenly (xf_session.MYI incorrect key file)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by borgqueenx, Nov 27, 2015.

1. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

after i restarted my server i suddenly got these errors. anyone have a idea how to fix this?

Stack Trace:
    Request State:

Please help!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you restart it gracefully?
    It sounds like you didn't stop and start MySQL correctly.

Try reparing the xf_session table.

3. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

how do i do that if i may ask? (almost no knowledge in server management sorry)
    i have phpmyadmin on centos web panel.

4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

if you have SSH access, shutdown -r now for a restart (as root) or sudo shutdown -r now (as user)
    to halt the server shutdown -h now (as root) or sudo shutdown -h now (as user)

There should also be an ability from cPanel to shut the server down (don't use it so not sure) and am also not sure if there is if it cleanly shuts the server and it's services down.

5. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

The button for this is in WHM. There is both a graceful and forceful reboot option :)

6. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

i always used the restart in virtualiser, no idea how clean that one is. il try "shutdown -r" next time thanks.

I cannot repair anything in phpmyadmin in xf_session since it seems to be an empty table. (no repair button)
    however phpmyadmin does say "Table './cct_xenforo/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired".

I have a recent backup of yesterday of this mysql file. so if nothing else, if someone can explain how to replace this tablewith my backup table it would be cool.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Empty it instead (just go ahead and choose the empty option) in phpmyadmin.

8. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

This will xenforo fill it up again? What will be lost?

9. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Nothing.

10. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

that did it, thanks :)