Add-on Allow users to select default display font

sforum

Some of my users hate the default Georgia font with a passion (although I love it), so I would love to give members the option to choose their default display font - i.e. not setting options for how they post, rather choosing the font that posts are displayed in by default.

Can this be done? At the moment, the only way I can think of doing it is to duplicate my current Style, and set one to use serif fonts and the other to use sans-serif, then users can choose whichever they prefer. However, this is a very clunky way of doing it, and I'm inevitably going to have some people moaning that I've chosen the wrong fonts!

Even just giving people the choice between serif and san-serif would be enough. I would be happy to pay for such an Add-on, if it wasn't too much.

Thanks. :)

Xenforo have done it on these forums. If you click the style chooser you can see one called XenVetana.

Would love to know what i'd need to change though as being kind of new-ish to the Xenforo software i'm not keen on fiddling with too much :)

Xenforo have done it on these forums. If you click the style chooser you can see one called XenVetana.

Would love to know what i'd need to change though as being kind of new-ish to the Xenforo software i'm not keen on fiddling with too much :)
Ah, I never spotted that! I assume that they have just done what I have said here:

At the moment, the only way I can think of doing it is to duplicate my current Style, and set one to use serif fonts and the other to use sans-serif, then users can choose whichever they prefer.

So you have exactly the same Style, but specify different display fonts in the Message Elements > Message Text option.

I'd rather not do that, though, because it would mean having to update two different Styles every time you make a template change or something. :confused:

Ah, I never spotted that! I assume that they have just done what I have said here:

So you have exactly the same Style, but specify different display fonts in the Message Elements > Message Text option.

I'd rather not do that, though, because it would mean having to update two different Styles every time you make a template change or something. :confused:

If you put it as a sub of the main style you shouldn't need to.

Top Bottom