Lack of interest Allow nodes to be shown on forum list without permission

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kirby

In some cases (like user upgrades), it does make sense to let users know that certain nodes do exist, but to not give them canView access to those nodes.
But right now, it is not possible to display a node if the viewing user does not have permission canView permission.

Ideally, this could be a 3- way forum option:
  • Do not show (default)
  • Show, but hide last post information and counters
  • Show, but hide last post information

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There is something you can do already that is pretty close, but it doesn't cover your second option.

You would set "View" to yes, but "View threads by others" and "View thread content" to "No".

This hides last post info, but the forum itself is visible. You can navigate to it, but you can't see any threads in it.

A phrase / template change in a few places to tweak the wording (if desired) and it mostly does what you want. A template change would be all that's required to make the last post info and counters visible.

You would set "View" to yes, but "View threads by others" and "View thread content" to "Never".

This hides last post info, but the forum itself is visible. You can navigate to it, but you can't see any threads in it.
Yeah, that would come pretty close, but not exactly:
If the vewing user had permission in the past to post a thread in this node, he could still see this threads being listed but would not be able to view them.

A phrase / template change in a few places to tweak the wording (if desired) and it mostly does what you want. A template change would be all that's required to make the last post info and counters visible.
I know that, but this setting was available in vBulletin (IIRC I did implement this myself?) ans has proven to be was pretty useful, hence my suggestion ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom