1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow moderators to ban users [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Rigel Kentaurus, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

Markos likes this.
  2. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I want a version that can allow this:
    A Moderator of X forum/node can ban user ONLY for a specific forum/node;
    A moderator of Y forum/node can ban user ONLY for a specific forum/node;
    very useful for a multi-can/community project.

3. Rigel Kentaurus

That seems like a whole different set of requirements :) This add-on actually only moves the admincp functionality to the frontend so mods can use it

4. Rigel Kentaurus

Plus, you can already ban a user from a specific node. Just remove view privileges to that single user at the node. :)

5. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I need to allow the moderators to do that...without admin cp access.

6. Rigel Kentaurus

I see.
    If I have some time I will update this add-on for that. No promises, though :)

Markos likes this.
  7. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

can you add the option to post a thread to a particular forum section when a moderator bans a user?

8. Rigel Kentaurus

I'm not adding major options to this mod, but people are free to modify anything themselves and redistribute it.

9. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Could a moderator also un-ban a member using this mod?

10. Rigel Kentaurus

No, he can't. He can specify a duration for the ban, though.

11. planetmaster

planetmaster Member

Is the ban done by moderators undo-able? Just like Spam-cleaner?

12. Rigel Kentaurus

No

13. phpclub

phpclub Member

Hi Rigel!
    Please correct

Code:
      <phrase title="easyban_user_already_banner" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Banned for {hours} more hours by {banning_username}: {user_reason}]]></phrase>

easyban_user_already_banner - easyban_user_already_banneD

Also missing xen:prhase
    phrase easyban_user_already_banned_days
    phrase easyban_user_already_banned_hours

14. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

As an alternative, you can setup the warning system to ban the user at x number of points.
    Here it is what I used as settings on my forums:
    • 5 points - user is placed in Discouraged mode
    • 10 points - user receives a temp ban for 1 week
    • 15 points - user receives a temp ban for 1 month
    • 20 points - user receives a temp ban for 6 months
    • 25 points - user receives a temp ban for 1 year
    • 30 points - user receives a permanent ban
    This eliminates the need of installing the add-on and any future code conflicts or maintenance.

KevinEssence, robart and Mark3121 like this.
  15. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

Is there any way to let moderators permanently ban as well?

16. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

upload the "library" file to the forum root or the library folder?

I uploaded it to our forum root and have all permissions set, but it's not working... meaning, there's no "Ban User" option.

17. Rigel Kentaurus

did you upload the xml for the addon? and gave permissions to the person?

18. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

yes, both... I even double check my permissions twice and still no dice. It's like I never installed it.

19. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

Still missing two phrases and has banned misspelled as banner in XML.
    Ive fixed it by using the following XML
    HTML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <addon addon_id="cz_easyban" title="Easy ban users" version_string="1.0.1" version_id="101" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="">
      <admin_navigation/>
      <admin_permissions/>
      <admin_style_properties/>
      <admin_templates/>
      <code_events/>
      <code_event_listeners>
        <listener event_id="template_hook" execute_order="10" callback_class="CemZoo_EasyBan_Template_Hook" callback_method="template" active="1" description="Modify templates to add the &quot;Ban User&quot; option to member page"/>
      </code_event_listeners>
      <cron/>
      <email_templates/>
      <optiongroups/>
      <permissions>
        <permission_groups/>
        <permissions>
          <permission permission_group_id="general" permission_id="cz_easyban" permission_type="flag" default_value="unset" interface_group_id="generalModeratorPermissions" display_order="95000"/>
        </permissions>
        <interface_groups/>
      </permissions>
      <phrases>
        <phrase title="cz_ban_requires_user" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Please specify the user you intend to ban]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="cz_unspecified_error_ban_user" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[An error occurred while trying to ban the user]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_ban_user" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Ban User]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_mod_options" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Moderator options]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_reason" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Reason]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_user_already_banned" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Banned for {hours} more hours by {banning_username}: {user_reason}]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_user_already_banned_days" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[User banned for {days} more days.]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_user_already_banned_hours" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[User banned for {hours} more hours.]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_user_has_been_banned" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[The user has been banned]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="easyban_violation_terms_service" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Violation of the terms of service]]></phrase>
        <phrase title="permission_general_cz_easyban" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Can ban users from the forum]]></phrase>
      </phrases>
      <route_prefixes>
        <route_type type="public">
          <prefix original_prefix="cz-easyban" class="CemZoo_EasyBan_Route_Prefix_Page" build_link="data_only"/>
        </route_type>
      </route_prefixes>
      <style_properties/>
      <templates>
        <template title="easyban_member_sidebar" version_id="101" version_string="1.0.1"><![CDATA[<div class="section infoBlock">
        <dl class="secondaryContent pairs">
            <dt>{xen:phrase easyban_mod_options}:</dt>
            <xen:if is="{$isBanned}">
                <dd>
                    <xen:if is="{$days}">
                        {xen:phrase easyban_user_already_banned_days, 'days={$days}', 'banning_username={$banning_username}', 'user_reason={$user_reason}'}
                    <xen:else />
                        {xen:phrase easyban_user_already_banned_hours, 'hours={$hours}', 'banning_username={$banning_username}', 'user_reason={$user_reason}'}
                    </xen:if>
                </dd>
            <xen:else />
                <dd><a href="{xen:link cz-easyban/index, $user}" class="OverlayTrigger item control ban" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:phrase easyban_ban_user}</a></dd>     
            </xen:if>
        </dl>
    </div>]]></template>
        <template title="easyban_overlay" version_id="101" version_string="1.0.1"><![CDATA[<xen:title>{xen:phrase easyban_ban_user}</xen:title>
    <xen:h1>{xen:phrase easyban_ban_user}</xen:h1>
    <form action="{xen:link 'cz-easyban/ban', $user}" method="post" class="xenForm formOverlay AutoValidator">
      <dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt>{xen:phrase easyban_reason}</dt>
        <dd><input id="reason" name="reason" type="text" value="{xen:phrase easyban_violation_terms_service}" class="textCtrl" maxlength="255" /></dd>
      </dl>
      <dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt>{xen:phrase ban_length}, {xen:phrase until}:</dt>
        <dd><input type="date" name="end_date" value="" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_date" /></dd>
      </dl>
      <dl class="ctrlUnit submitUnit">
        <dt></dt>
        <dd><input type="submit" class="button primary" value="{xen:phrase easyban_ban_user}" /></dd>
      </dl>
      <input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
    </form>]]></template>
      </templates>
    </addon>

<phrase title="easyban_user_already_banned_days" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[User banned for {days} more days.]]></phrase>
    <phrase title="easyban_user_already_banned_hours" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[User banned for {hours} more hours.]]></phrase>

20. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

Also an unban option for moderators would be great! :)

md_5 and PeterT like this.