Lack of interest Allow Media to simultaneously be in a category & album

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

TeflonDon

Or maybe even allowing media to reside in multiple categories as well.

My issue is that I upload a lot of images on my member's behalf because they still aren't used to using the media gallery. This makes it hard to use the "Your Content" to find my own images or ones that I commonly use. I've thought about making my own album to have an easy to reference section for myself but I'd have to reupload everything and basically have dual uploads. I've also thought about using the watch feature to keep track of my personal images but there's no bulk way to do that and I'm not sorting through the 800+ media items I've uploaded to do that one by one.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
My issue is that I upload a lot of images on my member's behalf because they still aren't used to using the media gallery. This makes it hard to use the "Your Content" to find my own images

If one of my members wants to upload hundreds of images from a trip they will often send me a CD or similar to save them the uploading time. I then over the years with various gallery software have used abilities like 'upload as' to enter their name as the uploader instead of mine... this keeps their images as theirs and mine as mine. That sounds like a solution to your problem perhaps.

I've also tended to skip the upload stage and simply FTP all the photos to the uploads directory, and then add them to the system, as again the gallery software packages I've used allowed that and it of course saves masses of time and effort if you can add a whole CD of photos with one FTP upload.

Those sort of solutions seem commonplace and how the problem you describe is normally dealt with, so I hope me mentioning that is helpful and that these solutions can be made available if they aren't already.

Steve

Top Bottom