XF 1.4 Allow entire category strip to trigger tooltip description pop-up

Edpal

I would like hovering over a category strip to trigger the tooltip /description rather than just the title of the node acting as the trigger. Thank you much.

You would have to edit the template - I believe it's node_category_level_1.
hmm, I thought it was happening in template "node_list" here.
<div class="nodeInfo linkNodeInfo">
<span class="nodeIcon"></span>

<div class="nodeText">
<h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link link-forums, $link}" data-description-x="#nodeDescription-{$link.node_id}">{$link.title}</a></h3>
<xen:if is="{$link.description}"><blockquote class="nodeDescription muted baseHtml" id="nodeDescription-{$link.node_id}">{xen:raw $link.description}</blockquote></xen:if>
</div>
</div>
Thanks Brogan. I beat myself to death on it - above my mojo grade for now. Snap. I have a nice little effect going on my category strips so they take on a slightly larger grooved border and light color shift for a pseudo pressed-button "Tactile" effect. I've got collapsed nodes as my default since my 5 mian forum areas average 14-15 subs.. Getting the whole strip to trigger the description would keep it all neat and clean.
Someone basically challenged me to make my site look as far from Xen out of the box as I could. :) Aliens! http://www.basstalk247.com/forum/home/

Top Bottom