Not planned Allow admin override of duplicate email prohibition

Biker

I've just run into an issue with a returning user who created a new account. He no longer has access to the old email, so he created a new account to log into the forum. I went to change his email address and immediately ran into the "email must be unique" error.

Yes, I know it's there because you can log in using email. But it would be nice if there was an admin override that only the admin can use to get around this restriction.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
How would the override work?

You can't have two accounts with the same email address due to the fact that you can log in with it.

How would the override work?

How the heck would I know? I don't program this stuff! :ROFLMAO:

But because there isn't a way to combine accounts, and I need a way to allow members to get to their old account, not allowing duplicate emails is a bit of a pain right now. (Which is why I originally asked for a method of account recovery that doesn't involve the use of email.)

There would be a conflict when trying to log in. It's just not possible.

Why cant you change the old account email address to something else first?

I did. I whacked the email on the new account, and put the existing email on the old account so he could recover it. Still a pain in the behind for admins, and it's starting to happen more often as some of my long lost members start making their way back.

I'm afraid this is just not technically possible so it has to be a No Thanks.

It's the same for any other service you sign up for which either requires or allows an email address.
It must be unique.

Top Bottom