All ADHD patients please stay alert with Intuniv if your doctor prescribed it to you.

ShikiSuen

If you feel having serious lack of confidence and having uncontrollable trend of depression / negative thoughts (including suicidal thoughts), please stop Intuniv immediately.

Your doctor may initially prescribe it to you as a routine in combination with Concerta, and you may find it hard to realize that Intuniv may not be your choice once your mind is already depressed seriously.

----------

When I was in Canada I was subscribed 27mg Concerta only.

Since I went to Japan last year, my first doctor here has no way to subscribe me 27mg Concerta.
He used his common routine (to his ADHD patients): 18mg*2 Concerta in the morning, and 2mg Intuniv per evening.
(There's nothing to blame here. I believe that things may happen differently among patients.)

Since then, I met months of having lack of confidence, plus my amplified mental vulnerabilities to mental stresses from my life.
Something (too delicate to discuss) happened to me since this mid-January and made me depressed further until the end of last week.
Thinking that you have been locked at the bottom of a pool which is filled with grief.
It came randomly and more often. However, in that Saturday night it came right after I took Intuniv.
This made me realized that what the bloody hell is happening.

I stopped taking Intuniv since the next day. The stampede of my grief gets obviously weaker since then.
I switched to another mental clinic due to my concerns that maybe I should switch back my Concerta to 27mg,
and my new doctor agreed that it is necessary to stop taking Intuniv to see what happens next.
6 days passed since that Saturday, and now I can sure that random grief is not coming since the day before yesterday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom