1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alerts loading forever ?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by erich37, Oct 4, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

not sure, but since a few minutes the Alerts are loading forever (on this very page xf.com).
    When hovering over the "Alerts" Tab in the navbar, then it keeps loading and loading and the Alerts do not show up.....
  2. erich37

also, when I click onto "Edit", the XF.com website is loading forever. Probably you guys are just upgrading the website now ?
    It is not a connection-issue on my end....
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Did you just upgrade firefox? Pending your using it because I got this when I upgraded from firefox 5 to version 6 using firebug and the overlays, popup menus would hang. Try uninstalling firebug if that is the case. Of course that's probably not the issue your having.
  4. erich37

5. Shelley

No to what? no your not purchasing the new iphone 4s? |You'll have to be a little more specific. what browser are you using? does it happen to all browsers your using? version number? more info the better.
  6. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

happens to me every time I use Firebug. After I am done doing what I want/need to do with Firebug, I just deactivate {SHIFT F12} Firebug for the particular site again an it works :) kinda annoying at times tho.
  7. Shelley

Oh god I had a terrible time with it. I've to remain on 5.01 using firebug 1.73 it's the only combination of the two that will work for me. I have to admit, i haven't tried to upgrade to v7 of FF and trying out the latest firebug with that. TBH I'm too scared to upgrade ff is undoubtedly getting worse and worse.

Definitely annoying. :p a few people can vouch for that.
    Bob likes this.
  8. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

The same thing has been happening to me for a long time using Chrome. But it only happens to me at work, so I figured it was an issue with their ridiculous proxy settings.
  9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

for sure firebug can be a problem...for me I just close the console and refresh the page.
  10. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

If you update FF you MUST de-install Firebug and after update you can install Firebug new again.
    This is my experience and I have never again any problems.
    erich37 likes this.
  11. Shelley

I already tried that months back. That said, I stupidly removed firebug, updated to ff7 and then reinstalled the latest firebug and the same old hanging of overlays dropdowns alerts persists. :mad:
  12. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you uninstall software you also need to make hidden folders not hidden so you can see folders such as appdata so that you can completely delete some software and associated profiles if any...also there is the registry entries to think about...

quoted from http://webtrickz.com/how-to-remove-mozilla-firefox-completely-from-pc/
    I would take a guess that removing the 3rd and 5th keys in that list may solve some issues before updating without having to completely wipe everything...but that is just a guess
  13. erich37

I had an issue with FireBug.
    I removed FireBug and my browser and therefore XF is working fine now.

Many thanks for all your help!