1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alerts for new comments made in reported items

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by CyclingTribe, Oct 30, 2011.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Please can mods and admins get an Alert when an item is reported. (y)

Thanks,
    Shaun :D

Joeychgo, Mijo, Darat and 5 others like this.
  2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Isn't that a little redundant? :confused:

Trombones13 and ragtek like this.
  3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Sorry, yes, what I meant to suggest was an alert when a mod/admin replied to a report ... :)

ATM you have to go and physically check the reports to see if any of the mod/admin team have commented, but an alert would guide you to specific reports so you could jump straight to them to see the latest comments.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

Mods: Could you please change the thread title to "Alerts for report comments" - thanks :)

giorgino, jmurrayhead and Hoffi like this.
  4. Hoffi

Hoffi Well-Known Member

Supported this. Just now, I realized, that this is mising. Or appear new Comments in the "Whats New?" List?

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Think I changed it to reflect the suggestion a bit better..

Yes I have made the suggestion before, and agree. The current system works OK for simple things, but for things that require discussion, it is actually a hindrance... i.e. I need to check open reported items on xf.com several times a day to see if new comments are made, and of course on my own forum -- And my moderators could never be trained to do that.

Personally I am not picky, any way to notify moderators that new comments are made... Conversation, email, color change, whack to the back of the head... something.

6. giorgino

giorgino Well-Known Member

7. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

Totally agree!

8. NSL

NSL Member

This is a much needed enhancement. (y)
    +1

9. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

+1 to this