1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alert preferences not reflecting what's in database

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Onimua, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I set up alerts for my add-on, and when you check/uncheck items it behaves correctly (not receiving alerts when unchecked for selected items). When I go back to the page later, I noticed the items I selected not to receive alerts from are checked, even though the database says otherwise (and I still don't get alerts).

It doesn't happen with the other options, just my own. Am I missing something?

lnblog_alert_prefs.png lnblog_alertsdb.png
    And this is from my alert preference template:​
    HTML:
    <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase lnblog_blogs}</h3>
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt>{xen:phrase receive_alert_when_someone}...</dt>
        <dd>
            <ul>
                <li><input type="hidden" name="alertSet[blog_entry_comment_insert]" value="1" />
                    <label><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="alert[blog_entry_comment_insert]" {xen:checked "!{$alertOptOuts.blog_entry_comment_insert}"} /> {xen:phrase lnblog_comments_on_your_blog_entry}</label>
                    <p class="hint">{xen:phrase lnblog_someone_posts_a_comment_on_one_of_your_entries}</p>
                </li>

<li><input type="hidden" name="alertSet[blog_entry_like]" value="1" />
                    <label><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="alert[blog_entry_like]" {xen:checked "!{$alertOptOuts.blog_entry_like}"} /> {xen:phrase lnblog_likes_your_entry}</label>
                    <p class="hint">{xen:phrase lnblog_someone_likes_your_blog_entry}</p>
                </li>
            </ul>
        </dd>
    </dl>