1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Alert Notice

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Amaury, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I completely overlooked this when I made my styles, and now I'm trying to get it. However, it won't stay up long enough. I can inspect it, but when it disappears that CSS info disappears.

Is there a way I can make it so it doesn't disappear or stay up longer? It's the notice you get in the bottom-left.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Search the templates for the phrase.

Amaury likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Gah! And now I don't remember the exact phrasing. I'd like to say, "You have X new alerts," but I don't think it's that.

4. Jeremy

Search alerts. You don't need the exact phrase.

Amaury likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

xenforo_alert.css? That's the only CSS template I'm finding that has to do with alerts.

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Found it. Managed to inspect the element and copy the CSS to search for it, and it's #StackAlerts .stackAlertContent. The template is xenforo_overlay.css.

Specifically:
    Code:
    #StackAlerts .stackAlertContent {
        padding: 10px;
        padding-right: 30px;
        border-radius: 4px;
        border: solid 2px @primaryLighterStill;
        background: {xen:helper rgba, @primaryLightest, 0.9};
        font-size: 11px;
        font-weight: bold;
    }
    I don't think there's a style property, not counting the color palette, for this, so I'll just edit the background and border CSS here directly like with everything else.

DEZero likes this.
  7. Jeremy

You didn't actually do a template search, which searches the content of templates.

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Well, I managed to find it, as seen above, but for future reference, what do you mean?

Sorry, I make decent styles now, but I'm still learning the ropes.

9. Jeremy

There's not much more I can say about the template search.

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Well, you said I didn't search the contents, but for #StackAlerts .stackAlertContent I went to Search Templates and put that code in Template Contains and searched for it. Or am I missing something?

11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm not having any luck, anyway, even using the CSS, so screw it, I guess.

It's not like it's unreadable, but I want to get rid of that ugly black border around it.