Ahhhh.. the lovely handling by UPS

TPerry

Anyone else notice that more and more, UPS boxes show up like this? And the irony.... the location of the damage surrounded by the Fragile warnings.
And the UPS delivery driver didn't even have the guts to knock on the door after dropping it off, probably realizing they would be confronted about the damage.
Luckily it was the tripod box on the new Sky Watcher EQ6-R mount I ordered, and upon unpacking and removing from the boxes (yep, it was double boxed and BOTH were trashed) the tripod did not appear to have sustained any damage, but I won't really know until I use it and try to balance it.

IMG_1162.webp

and upon unpacking and removing from the boxes (yep, it was double boxed and BOTH were trashed) the tripod did not appear to have sustained any damage, but I won't really know until I use it and try to balance it.
I wouldn't risk it.

File a claim if you don't mind waiting and send the pics. I wouldn't encourage stuff like this because it'll continue happening.

I wouldn't risk it.

File a claim if you don't mind waiting and send the pics. I wouldn't encourage stuff like this because it'll continue happening.
I've got a claim in progress. After opening it (which I did video of) I did not see any impact marks on the tripod legs, but you won't know if they are "wonky" without using the tripod or pulling out a ton of tools to check. I've got it set up outside and will be trying it out tonight.
From reading, I'm not the only one that this has happened to, and ironically it is usually the tripod box that is damaged. The head unit is not. If nothing else, they can replace the tripod as getting the entire unit is rather problematic with dealers quickly selling out of stock with long ETA for restock.

UPS is generally pretty good delivering packages undamaged here. But depending upon the driver, if no one is there for a delivery, the driver does not leave a notice of an attempted delivery and will have the package returned to the shipper.

Smart move video taping you opening the package and then filing a claim.

Hopefully, your tripod is not damaged.

Top Bottom