After School Lesson

Kirk

logo.png
After School Lesson is a completely free education help community that provides free educational resources to everyone. We have made our community really easy to register and login with. We also have an ssl certificate installed to make everyone feel safe.

Check it out today: https://afterschoollesson.com/

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time reading this thread and please let me know how I can make After School Lesson better to make you stay. Thank you :).

Took a look. Not much content to give any comment.
Maybe you should build it out a bit and people can provide suggestion.

Took a look. Not much content to give any comment.
Maybe you should build it out a bit and people can provide suggestion.
I'm aware that there is not much content. What would be the best way to get people to post content or should i post more content?

at the start, the admin is the one that should post most.
Even after 7 years, I still account for 10% of my forum total post count. Will take a while to get critical mass.

Hi Krik,

Looking at your forum gives a first impression that it's not really finished as the content appears to be lacking. By content, I'm not referring to posts but rather to options. Where's all of the forum boards related to education? Some off the top of my head would be things like Humanities and Economics, Geography Studies, Biology Discussion, History, Science, Art, Criminal Justice, Drama, the list goes on and on. If I wanted to talk to someone about a subject I'd feel lost in your site and unsure where to ask my question or even if this is the right forum to do so.

I'm not a fan of the mismatch in node sizing and line breaks. While it's obvious this is caused by the Node Description differences there is some minor coding to making it all match up. Ask the style designers at PixelExit for help on that.
24ot53r.png

I also noticed this:
5ev6uu.png

And I have to wonder where are his banners? It says he's an Administrator so I know he's staff too. Don't forget to treat others the way you would want. I can promise you that he has already thought of this. We're very visual creatures and we all like a little fluff here and there. If you intend to use banners and rank images then you will need to share that with the rest of your staff and other groups you determine worthy enough. Remember that the community of members are what will ultimately determine if your site is going to go hot, or not. You don't want to give the wrong impression especially when your site is in its infancy stages and very vulnerable.

Overall the rest isn't bad. It's a good thing you have the resource manager as that is probably something that is very important to an educational site. Another one to look at might be Best Answers. I wish you the best! Good luck!

@xIsabel38 Thank you for pointing out all of this. I've fixed the issues. I will also install the Best Answers soon.

Edit: I've installed the add-on now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom