XF 2.1 after disabling automatic URL unfurling, unfurl="true" no longer works, raw links shown instead

rebelde

We tested URL unfurling for a while, but decided to disable it. Any unfurled URLs have been converted to raw links, not page titles and not left unfurled.

I would prefer:
- page title
- or leaving them unfurled

My questions:
- Can unfurl="true" be allowed to work even if automatic unfurling is disabled?
- Will Rebuild Thread Cache fix the links? I don't think so.
- Anything else I can do to convert the raw links to page titles? (Preferably just in the two months of threads that are affected.)
- And the bigger question for you to decide is if this is expected behavior or not!

Thanks!

That's the default behavior, disabling the feature, removes the effects of it as well as it's a recursive change.

To do what you're looking for, you'd need custom development I think.

That's the default behavior
Yes, that is why I reported it. I found a work-around, but it seemed like a good idea to bring this to the developers' attention. They get to decide if they want to change the behavior.

Looking at my report, I think I could have made my case better by simply asking:
- Can unfurl="true" be allowed to work even if automatic unfurling is disabled?

If they decide to separate the functions (hence introducing the "Keep old unfurled urls" option), this will become possible.

Honestly I don't get why you would want to keep old unfurl if you decide to disable the feature, and I guess developers had the same thoughts of me when they designed it, but the forum is yours and I can't judge your work :)

Top Bottom