After 15 years on vBulletin, it's finally happening for me!

We moved all operations and plugins of OzzModz over here a little over two years ago, and added lots of new toys and gadgets for xF. Snog retired and bequeathed his site and all of his cool stuff to ozzy as well. We don't miss vB even in the most slight, minute way.
Yeah, I wanted to buy a couple things but he only accepts PayPal and my PayPal was permantly limited years ago.

I don't really miss Vbulletin though there are a few things I miss about it but that is an entire other topic.. :)

I had gotten into a situation where my site was exploding but my server was melting. This was on vB 3.8.x on some old LAMP server. I honestly thought that my posters were going to walk en masse after moving to new software. I remember @MattW doing the import to xf 1.5.x at 3am my time and that next morning thinking there'd be a revolt and even the most stubborn posters begrudgingly admitted that they liked it, most were head-over-heels in love and the server was just humming. We had gone from an awful old vB installation with legacy plugins to straight-stock xf 1.5.x and man what a difference!!!
I had to modify vB 3.7 so heavily to play nice with our dedicated server that I was never able to upgrade to 3.8. When I saw that 4.x was even more resource intensive, I decided to skip it for a while. Then XF came along, and almost a decade ago (we made the move in either 2011 or 2012), I converted. Our server load dropped in half instantly. Had our usual complaining members but staff ignored them, and they all adapted anyway. (Some people just don't like change. I know of one XF forum where they still have a single member regularly demanding the forum be converted back to the old vB!)

BTW, @MattW gets two thumbs up from me. I know someone who hires him to take care of forum tasks, and he's beyond pleased by Matt's work. 👍

I’m gonna wait til it’s all done before the drink! 🍺🍸🍷🥤🧋🥃

For me, the drinking starts before the development work begins. 😁 I'll just take a few of those Martinis now, thank you...

Top Bottom