After 15 years on vBulletin, it's finally happening for me!

Grant

This is the only place I could think of that would appreciate this.

Today I closed down my vBulletin board for the last time, and am currently in the process of moving 4 million posts into a lovely Xenforo.

It's been a job I've been meaning to do for a while (check my join date!), but the amount of custom code I needed to do put me off. When I was about to take the plunge a few years ago, XF2 was announced, so I thought I'd better hold off.

Looks like the .sql import is now done, so off to start the importing :)

I'm looking forward to actually enjoying my forums again!

Thanks to all the XF team, and add-on creators, and theme designers for making this possible :)

@nicodak @Brogan Thank you!

Looks like I was being over ambitious. Looks like I can't import before all the attachments and avatars have uploaded, so a few hour delay. Oh well. Worth the wait!

I did this back in 2014 and to this day deeply regret that I didn't do it sooner.

It's a good feeling. Are you on xf 2.2?

If he regrets I will reimburse him.
I had gotten into a situation where my site was exploding but my server was melting. This was on vB 3.8.x on some old LAMP server. I honestly thought that my posters were going to walk en masse after moving to new software. I remember @MattW doing the import to xf 1.5.x at 3am my time and that next morning thinking there'd be a revolt and even the most stubborn posters begrudgingly admitted that they liked it, most were head-over-heels in love and the server was just humming. We had gone from an awful old vB installation with legacy plugins to straight-stock xf 1.5.x and man what a difference!!!

How did your members take to the change?
They actually loved it! I set up a test copy of the site first to make sure everything was running smoothly before I ran the real import. I had some minor issues with permissions but everything went fairly well and members have been really positive about the new site. As the owner and admin I like it too. Being able to easily adminstrate from the control panel on mymobile phone has been a game changer!

I think your members will love it!

They actually loved it! I set up a test copy of the site first to make sure everything was running smoothly before I ran the real import. I had some minor issues with permissions but everything went fairly well and members have been really positive about the new site.
Sounds similar to what I did! Glad they were positive!

I so can’t wait to be rid of Vb!

11 years in the making! 😮

Better late than never, welcome to the best forum software and community on the internet!

Top Bottom