Advice on buying the right host

iandi

Hello friends...
According to what I have read on the sites, XenForo script needs two functions {proc_open or popen} to run. By sending a ticket to the hosting manager, I realized that these functions are not active in my shared hosting. My question is, is it right to use XenForo on shared hosting with the above functions disabled or not?

proc_open and popen are required for email delivery when using the built in PHP option.

They are not required if using SMTP but if you don't currently have an SMTP service you can use then you will need to get one.

My advice would be to find a different host.
Hosts which have restrictions tend to have other issues which only become apparent later.

proc_open and popen are required for email delivery when using the built in PHP option.

They are not required if using SMTP but if you don't currently have an SMTP service you can use then you will need to get one.

Hosts which have restrictions tend to have other issues which only become apparent later.
Because I am in Iran, I want to start facing data centers ... Considering that I am very high in Iran, I have to use shared hosting ... Resources are private.

100%. @iandi you should not need an external SMTP relay like MailChannels - look for a shared host that provides one for you if you're using shared hosting. Ask before you buy and tell them you want to install a forum. You also want to make sure they give you daily database backups - again ask for this in advance (you need a host which has JetBackup ideally because then you can also restore your own daily backup anytime if there's database corruption).

Top Bottom