XF 1.1 Advice needed prior to migration - how to handle AME (youtube, etc) links?

Rob

My existing vB site uses Automatic Media Embedding (AME) links and obviously these are not compatible with vBulletin. I'd like advice on how to handle all of these so that youtube links continue to function correctly when moving.

For now, I have used AME's internal tools to remove all AME links (a special bbcode) which has turned all the links back into regular BBcode. However, youtube links inside regular url bbcode will not transform into a youtube player on xenForo.
example here:-
YouTube - "Madre De Muchos" - "Mother Of Many", by Emma Lazenby

I need to get this working on xenForo but cant see how at this time.... any ideas? Maybe some kind of regex code perhaps?

Arrggghh... Jake, help.. lol

Ok, I can convert all my youtube and amazon ame codes.... so far so good. I am however stuck on flickr photos (yes photos, not videos).
Jake, I dont supose you know of a media site bbcode solution to flickr for images do you? I've tried and got stuck since I dont think its possible to embed a photo from the url info... m I dont actually know how AME managed it but it did.

Also, does kier's add on work with posts, visitor messages and conversations or just posts?

If there was a media site bbcode compatible with flickr photos then I can handle the regex on the ame tag since it does have all the info.

Any help?

Thank you,

Rob

Arrggghh... Jake, help.. lol

Ok, I can convert all my youtube and amazon ame codes.... so far so good. I am however stuck on flickr photos (yes photos, not videos).
Jake, I dont supose you know of a media site bbcode solution to flickr for images do you? I've tried and got stuck since I dont think its possible to embed a photo from the url info... m I dont actually know how AME managed it but it did.

Also, does kier's add on work with posts, visitor messages and conversations or just posts?

If there was a media site bbcode compatible with flickr photos then I can handle the regex on the ame tag since it does have all the info.

Any help?

Thank you,

Rob
Hi Rob - Can you share how to do the conversion for Amazon links? I don't know the first thing about how to format the expressions.

Thanks!

Top Bottom