Advertisement Manager [Deleted]

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Advertisement Manager - Just like the one in vBulletin... Sort of.

One thing that annoyed me about xenForo was the lack of an advertisement manager type thing.

So I made this today :)

It allows you to specify your advert code, the template hook to place it at and who should see it (using the user criteria system).

You specify the template hook where the advert should appear and the advert code and the addon does the rest!

Features
  • Choose exactly who should see the ads using the user criteria system
  • Easy to use admin interface
  • No template...

Read more about this resource...

On my site (link in sig) you'll see we have a "site sponsors" side block. This is a custom template which shows on every page, not just the homepage, so would need to be able to stick ads in there also.

On my site (link in sig) you'll see we have a "site sponsors" side block. This is a custom template which shows on every page, not just the homepage, so would need to be able to stick ads in there also.

Ah. Then yes, easily. Add a template hook to that template, and then add that hook in the location section. That's how the addon knows where to put the ad - using the template hook.

Ah. Then yes, easily. Add a template hook to that template, and then add that hook in the location section. That's how the addon knows where to put the ad - using the template hook.

(y) Nice. I think with some expanded features, this could be very good.

Awesome. I'll use it. My only issue is the template hooks. It asks where you to insert one so your advertisement will show at that place. That's confusing for those of us who have no idea what these template hooks are or where they show up on our themes. Can a tutorial be made perhaps?? :confused:

Awesome. I'll use it. My only issue is the template hooks. It asks where you to insert one so your advertisement will show at that place. That's confusing for those of us who have no idea what these template hooks are or where they show up on our themes. Can a tutorial be made perhaps?? :confused:

I think I'll make a drop down of all the standard ones for simplicity.

And of course keep the custom option :-)

So I presume this would work with banners then? I'm confused how this is supposed to work with banners as advert code. :confused:

So I presume this would work with banners then? I'm confused how this is supposed to work with banners as advert code. :confused:

You mean banner adverts? It works for any advert, you just need to supply the advert code :P

You mean banner adverts? It works for any advert, you just need to supply the advert code :p
What does the source code look like for a banner advert when I place it in the "Advertisement code" section? Do I just copy-paste the URL straight or do I need to include an href or img? I'm also wondering how people are managing the content for this kind of stuff. CMS?

What does the source code look like for a banner advert when I place it in the "Advertisement code" section? Do I just copy-paste the URL straight or do I need to include an href or img? I'm also wondering how people are managing the content for this kind of stuff. CMS?

You put the code that the advertisement provider gives you. All this addon does is add what you put in there to the site as the template is being compiled.

Top Bottom