Advanced Search

Advanced Search 1.8

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Advanced Search - Allows searching posts using exact text.

Description:

Allows searching posts using exact text.

(Example of Input page)

View attachment 88721

(Example of Results page)

View attachment 88722

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 88723

(Example of User Group Permissions page)

View attachment 88724

Features:
  • An Advanced Search link is added to your Forums tab navigation bar.
  • Exact text searching.
  • All phrases start with advancedsearch_ for your convenience.

Read more about this resource...

Thanks, looks interesting. Is this for the normal search or for xF Enhanced Search?

EDIT: Andy kindly answered my questions: ES is not necessary, this add-on works stand-alone. It doesn`t even need the default search.

Last edited:
Very very good addon . I've test it. I modify addon-AdvancedSearch_v1.0 XML as shown in the picture.20141118_023257.webp

Search <td>{$post.threadTitle}</td> in the addon-AdvancedSearch_v1.0 xml file

Replace with
<td><a href="{xen:link posts, $post}" />{$post.threadTitle}</a></td>

Do You can also implement the search by title ?
It would be nice to be able to enter into the search box two words. The search engine would only posts that contain those two words.

Advanced search for me is the best search engine that has had xenForo. Fast, reliable and accurate.

This works really well, for me it is especially useful that it allows short word search.

However I wonder if it's possible for it to either replace the default xenforo search or appear in the same box.

Currently as a separate search with link in the navigation bar users could find this confusing, especially as the same wording "Advanced Search" appears when hovering over the more button of the xenforo search

IMO, ideally the exact text search would be added to the xenforo "more" search

Another useful add-on!

Is it possible search could have the ability to search with date range rather than just "newer than"?

Is it possible to add a link to this in the global search options? Maybe in the useful search dropdown? I would like to place a link to this in the global search with a new phrase like "Search shorter phrase" and remove it from the navbar. This is to avoid confusion for the new users.

upload_2017-7-7_8-27-56.webp

A better idea might be to add a tab to this addon page into the advance search option of global search system

upload_2017-7-7_8-33-32.webp

Top Bottom