• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Advanced phrase manager (Developer Kit)

guiltar

Developer Kit 1.02

[FEATURES]
1. Find all phrases for given given language and addon
2. Find untranslated phrases for given language and addon
3. Find phrases used in php code and templates (only master language)
4. Find undefined phrases used in php code and templates (only master language)

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files/directories under upload to your XenForo's root
2. Import addon xml
3. Enable debug mod

[NOTE]
1. The processed addon should be placed in library/addon_id or library/XXX/addon_id for using search over the code. addon_id should not contain underlines. You may just copy files of your addon to this dir to make it work.
2. Only straight usage of phrases can be catched. The code like this XenForo_Phrase('my_phrase'.$phraseNumber) will be ignored.

[ABOUT/PURPOSE]
When I developed a big addon for XF I firstly tried to get the code and templates done well. Then I noticed a lot of undefined phrases which appear like topic_you_cannot_reply. So in order to catch such phrases that I forgot to define I've done this addon.

I hope the addon will be useful for developers and translators. For example, I found 23 undefined phrases in native XenForo and 3 untranslated phrases in my localization.

The addon has promising name because I hope it will grow to the real toolkit.

111222.webp111333.webp

Attachments

I have made my own dev tools similar to this one to help with developing addons. I do missing phrases and creating a hash class for using the file health check system. Plan to add a lot more things when I get time and then upload to github. Tried to get other devs to work together to make dev tools to make our lives easier but no one wanted to be in it. Also made a library called XenPlus which makes using listeners, dom, installers and other things that are originally static much easier to use (OOP and code reuse a lot less).

I have made my own dev tools similar to this one to help with developing addons. I do missing phrases and creating a hash class for using the file health check system. Plan to add a lot more things when I get time and then upload to github. Tried to get other devs to work together to make dev tools to make our lives easier but no one wanted to be in it. Also made a library called XenPlus which makes using listeners, dom, installers and other things that are originally static much easier to use (OOP and code reuse a lot less).
Good news. What else do you want to add?
I'm going to do similar thing for templates. And I want this addon to make textarea of template's editor to be much wider and higher.

Good news. What else do you want to add?
I'm going to do similar thing for templates. And I want this addon to make textarea of template's editor to be much wider and higher.
I want to add a lot of things. If you want to work with me on things PC me. I would like to go further with the template editor and use one of the open source editors like bespin (called something else now I think) and have a full on editor in the ACP. Top of the ACP have a drop down to all mods. If one is selected then whenever you are on a page that has a add-on choice it will automatically choose the addon you already have selected. I have thought of heaps of things I want to do eventually. I will be using hg to version control my mods and automatically export the mod when I push the mod to the server. Ummm what else... links to do things like rebuilding caches that are rarely built. All this without much thought to making it pretty, just make it work. Output create table queries to use in installers, just a formatting thing instead of a normal SQL export.

Top Bottom