[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Since they are "Warnings" they shouldn't be affecting operation of the site and you can clear them.

The only real way to stop them would be to establish which thread is causing the error and delete it. But, that might be difficult to do.

Have there been any form threads with polls that have been deleted?

I know, clearing 30 pages of warnings means I may miss some others unrelated to this so typically I prefer not to do that if it can be helped.

Actually one thread was soft deleted by a user I just saw.

I've run a bunch of tests and the only way I can duplicate the problem is if a poll is deleted from a form thread but still exists in the form promotion system.

There will be a trap for this in the next release, so once that's out you'll get a PC from the form system telling you which thread is causing the problem. It will also wipe the poll from the form promotion system when that PC is sent so it won't happen again.

If you want to manually do this now it's a bit complicated, but can be done using PHPMyAdmin.

In PHPMyAdmin access the xf_poll table.
In PHPMyAdmin access the xf_snog_forms_promotions table in a NEW WINDOW.

Check that each promotion "poll_id" in xf_snog_forms_promotions exists in the xf_poll table. If it doesn't exist, delete it from the xf_snog_forms_promotions table.

IGNORE any entry where the poll_id equals 0 (zero) in the xf_snog_forms_promotions table. Those are polls waiting for manual approval using the approve/deny links in the thread.

As I've said before...

The next release of the forms system will be when XenForo 2.0.12 is made because the next release of the forms system relies on changes being made in that version of XenForo itself.

Last edited:
Hello Snog,

I see that there's a permission called "Can extend promotion poll end date". It is set to yes for my usergroup, but I can't find the option to extend a poll's end date. Where should this be located?

Hello Snog,

I see that there's a permission called "Can extend promotion poll end date". It is set to yes for my usergroup, but I can't find the option to extend a poll's end date. Where should this be located?
Please be aware that is only available for promotion polls, not for normal polls.

It's located in the action bar area below the post:

It extends the poll by 1 additional day each time it's clicked.

I've run a bunch of tests and the only way I can duplicate the problem is if a poll is deleted from a form thread but still exists in the form promotion system.

There will be a trap for this in the next release, so once that's out you'll get a PC from the form system telling you which thread is causing the problem. It will also wipe the poll from the form promotion system when that PC is sent so it won't happen again.

If you want to manually do this now it's a bit complicated, but can be done using PHPMyAdmin.

In PHPMyAdmin access the xf_poll table.
In PHPMyAdmin access the xf_snog_forms_promotions table in a NEW WINDOW.

Check that each promotion "poll_id" in xf_snog_forms_promotions exists in the xf_poll table. If it doesn't exist, delete it from the xf_snog_forms_promotions table.

IGNORE any entry where the poll_id equals 0 (zero) in the xf_snog_forms_promotions table. Those are polls waiting for manual approval using the approve/deny links in the thread.

As I've said before...
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/advanced-forms-paid.133580/page-20#post-1299354

The next release of the forms system will be when XenForo 2.0.12 is made because the next release of the forms system relies on changes being made in that version of XenForo itself.

Thanks a lot.

Confirming now that it turned out to be a soft deleted (User deleted) thread with a poll that was causing this. After hard deleting the thread it the errors went away. Thanks for fixing in the next release.

Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.15

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Widget sidebar position for form display
  • Add - Widget sidebar position for form list display
  • Add - Conditional questions
  • Fix - More than one prefix question should not be allowed
  • Add - Support for Themehouse Q/A threads "Force threads created in this forum to use the Q&A format"
  • Fix - Error when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is huge!
It's been planned since the release of XF 2.0.0 beta, but time wasn't available to institute it. Then a couple of problems were found with the built in functions that allow it in XF 2.0 that needed to be fixed, so that delayed it even more. Those problems were addressed in XF 2.0.12. And I suspect they will be also fixed in the next XF 2.1 beta. ;)

It's been planned since the release of XF 2.0.0 beta, but time wasn't available to institute it. Then a couple of problems were found with the built in functions that allow it in XF 2.0 that needed to be fixed, so that delayed it even more. Those problems were addressed in XF 2.0.12. And I suspect they will be also fixed in the next XF 2.1 beta. ;)
I see.
I must honestly say, this addon is by far the best cost-effectiveness addon here on XF.
I wasn't very fond of the XF1 version, but for 25$ we got a lifetime license for it and we do get one for XF2 aswell. What this addon delivers and the regular updates for this addon combined makes this a beast in effectiveness. Worth every penny. I try to recommend it everywhere. Thank you.

Btw. why is the conditional questions limited to 1 nesting? Why is a conditional of a conditional not possible? Not that I need it but I imagine it can be very useful for cases like "country>states->city" type of questions.

Btw. why is the conditional questions limited to 1 nesting? Why is a conditional of a conditional not possible? Not that I need it but I imagine it can be very useful for cases like "country>states->city" type of questions.
Because there has to be a limit somewhere, otherwise you could end up processing questions forever. Trust me when I say someone would try an insane number of conditionals on conditionals and complain about processing time. ;)

I'll consider allowing one more level in the future, but I probably wouldn't go any farther. And as usual, there's no guarantee when or if it will be done.

Also, in your example you could define a "States" and "City" conditional question for the "Country" main question.

Just substitute the "Country" for the button numbers in the example image. And substitute "State" and "City" for the button 2 conditional questions.

buttons-gif.190361

I don't think you want to get into listing all of the cities in a state. :D

I'll consider allowing one more level in the future, but I probably wouldn't go any farther. And as usual, there's no guarantee when or if it will be done.
don't think you want to get into listing all of the cities in a state. :D
I don't know how the processing is affected or how much nightmare it will be in the backend side of things and setting a limit is reasonable and expected. I just think the number of levels should be 5.

For example the above example can be extended to
"country>states->city->bikeshops"

Obviously you wouldn't have to list all cities in a state neither all states in a country, but imagine there are bikeshops around the world. So you would only list those states or cities where there is a bikeshop you can choose from the list.

Anyway, still, having conditional questions is a huge feature already. I don't want to demand more than that, just a small feedback.

Since we purchased the new version for 2.x, but the add on can't upgrade from 1.2.12. The add on doesn't have an uninstall option.

How you uninstall version 1.2.12 of the add on to allow the installation of the new version?

Since we purchased the new version for 2.x, but the add on can't upgrade from 1.2.12. The add on doesn't have an uninstall option.

How you uninstall version 1.2.12 of the add on to allow the installation of the new version?
You either need to uninstall it prior to upgrading to XF 2, or uninstall it before uploading the XF 2 version of the add-on to your server.

However, I don't have anyone registered on my site with your user name. So if you require any further support, please send me a PC with the user name you used to register on my site and purchase the add-on.

Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.16

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - Removed restriction on nesting of conditional questions
  • Change - Question/Answer condition from Radio button/Radio button to Radio button/Single select dropdown
  • Fix - Prevent conditional question from being a conditional of itself

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom