Advanced Cookie Consent: Add a close option to the layer if consent information is already available

Kirby

When clicking the Cookies link in footer, XenForo does show the consent layer but there is no option to close it again without (potentially) making changes:
1670572371046.webp

If I have currently enabled optional cookies (but not 3rd party) I can't keep this choice without first going to "Configure your preferences" as Accept all cookies would also enable 3rd party and Reject optional cookies would also disable optional first party cookies.

And even if I go to configure and click save, this tiggers the save process leading to a page reload.

I therefore suggest to (add an option to) show a close icon (that would just hide the layer(s) without doing anything) if a consent choice is already present:
1670572695935.webp

Upvote 7
When clicking the Cookies link in footer, XenForo does show the consent layer but there is no option to close it again without (potentially) making changes:
View attachment 277998

If I have currently enabled optional cookies (but not 3rd party) I can't keep this choice without first going to "Configure your preferences" as Accept all cookies would also enable 3rd party and Reject optional cookies would also disable optional first party cookies.

And even if I go to configure and click save, this tiggers the save process leading to a page reload.

I therefore suggest to (add an option to) show a close icon (that would just hide the layer(s) without doing anything) if a consent choice is already present:
View attachment 277999
The close button should drop down the first layer before collapsing the notice.

I found that when you click “see further…” the only way for you to collapse the extra options is by clicking on that same text.

The close button should drop down the first layer before collapsing the notice.
I've read that five times by now but I still don't undertand what you mean :(

I found that when you click “see further…” the only way for you to collapse the extra options is by clicking on that same text.
Not fully sure what you mean here either, but the preferences layer has the same issue - you can't dismiss it without "Saving preferences" (even if there are no changes).

I've read that five times by now but I still don't undertand what you mean :(

Not fully sure what you mean here either, but the preferences layer has the same issue - you can't dismiss it without "Saving preferences" (even if there are no changes).
Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear as I was in a rush.

There is no option to collapse the notice display, like you’ve pointed out. We should definitely have that option.

But there is also no obvious option to collapse the additional options when you click “see furher…” without actually clicking on it again. I had to figure that one out. So perhaps when adding the “x” button on the top right, it would first collapse those additional options then clicking on it again will collapse the notice display.

I hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom