Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Just purchased the addon.
I noticed that the form url is not using the friendly-url structure that I enabled on XF.
The default form that it came with is at domain.com/index.php?applicationform/&posid=1
When I tried to remove the index.php, it reported page not found.

Can you fix this issue in the next release? Or is it some setting somewhere that I overlook?
Thanks

EDIT: just searched this thread and see that it was intended. Regardless, it would be nice to conform to the site-wide settings in XF since other addons would not display index.php on the url as well.

Also the forms do not seem to be responsive. As you resize the window, the input fields will be hidden.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll put both of these on the wish list.

Also found that the header description does not show.
Header description?

Everything that should display on the form is displaying.

Could you post a screenshot of what you think is missing?

Last edited:
@Snog
Some further feedback after trying to get the first form.

1) There should be a checkbox when you edit a question to make it required. I know it's controlled by Question Error field right now but the members only know that after the fact. I would like to have a * indicator next to the question which is not shown when the form is published.
2) Going back to the responsive issue, one suggestion is to have the input box under the question instead of on the same line.
The form should work on mobile devices.

@Snog
Some further feedback after trying to get the first form.

1) There should be a checkbox when you edit a question to make it required. I know it's controlled by Question Error field right now but the members only know that after the fact. I would like to have a * indicator next to the question which is not shown when the form is published.
2) Going back to the responsive issue, one suggestion is to have the input box under the question instead of on the same line.
The form should work on mobile devices.
The responsive issue is already taken care of in the next release. As are friendly URLs.

So far as the * goes... why not use the Description field? Something like this...
* REQUIRED - We like to know our staff phone numbers.

The responsive issue is already taken care of in the next release. As are friendly URLs.

So far as the * goes... why not use the Description field? Something like this...
* REQUIRED - We like to know our staff phone numbers.
Very excited.
Another suggestion that I think is huge. It will decluster the form and make it much more professional.
Can you make it so that each form category/form can override the style just like the option XF pages can use?
Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 6.49.04 AM.webp

@Snog
1) Where do I remove the Member Name at the top of each form?
EDIT: saw this in your advapp_form template but I couldn't see where you set the condition incname.
Code:
<xen:if is="{$incname}"><div class="section">            <div class="advappuser"><p><b>{xen:phrase advapp_member_name}:</b> {$visitor.username}</p></div>        </div></xen:if>
2) Is there any option to select some questions/answer as Private so only admin can see it? This is where applicants can send in private/sensitive info.
3) Is there any way to add some information/instruction under the form name? Right now, I'm using Agreement type and move it up top.

Here is the original form in WP using Gravity Forms and here is one I'm trying to replicate in XF.

Last edited:
@Snog
1) Where do I remove the Member Name at the top of each form?
EDIT: saw this in your advapp_form template but I couldn't see where you set the condition incname.
Code:
<xen:if is="{$incname}"><div class="section">            <div class="advappuser"><p><b>{xen:phrase advapp_member_name}:</b> {$visitor.username}</p></div>        </div></xen:if>
2) Is there any option to select some questions/answer as Private so only admin can see it? This is where applicants can send in private/sensitive info.
3) Is there any way to add some information/instruction under the form name? Right now, I'm using Agreement type and move it up top.

Here is the original form in WP using Gravity Forms and here is one I'm trying to replicate in XF.
1) Turn off the member name in Report Options->Include Member Name

2) No. If you are using this for sensitive information, either post the applications in a private forum or send them via PC.

3) That would be the correct way to add instructions. It can be with or without the checkbox for that exact purpose.

Snog updated Advanced Application Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Application Forms Update 1.0.9

An update to advanced application forms has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

This release fixes or changes items in version 1.0.8:
  • Fix possibilty of posting in both a new thread and an existing thread removed.
  • Change URLs to friendly URLS.
  • Change applications forms to responsive design.
  • Add option to override user selected style for each application.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tried the guest form on your site, but kept running into an error with the birthday field.

I tried several different ways to write my birthday but it didn't accept any of them. I'd suggest making some small notice on how the birthday field needs to be formatted for future versions.

The following error occurred:
You did not enter a proper date for your birthday.

Tried the guest form on your site, but kept running into an error with the birthday field.

I tried several different ways to write my birthday but it didn't accept any of them. I'd suggest making some small notice on how the birthday field needs to be formatted for future versions.

The following error occurred:
You did not enter a proper date for your birthday.
It's already there...

bday.webp

It's already there...

Not in the one I see:

j91x1c.png

Running tests on this Mod, so far it seems really really good. I do have one question though. When I submit the form it is sent as kind of an unordered block of text. Like this for example:

2rm194o.png

It's not hard to read but it's not exactly organized well either. I was wondering if it was possible for me to write up how the form displays so it looks something more like this instead. Would it be too difficult for me to do?

Member Name: Registered
Additional Usernames: Lots!

Contact Information

My Name

Birthday:

US

Email Address:
Myemail@mysite.com

Phone Number:
555-3456

Other Information

What skills do you feel you have that will help the forum?
Lots

Have you ever used the backend of any XenForo forum?
Yes

Do you know how to use the Moderator options?
Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members?
No

The questions/answers are compiled into a post/pc/email in the order they are asked.

The only formatting options are to put answers below the questions, columnize multiple choice answers or change the color of the answers. All of which are set in Application Form Options.

And off hand I can't see any way of changing the formatting like you have it. It would require some coding changes that I don't see a way of doing off the top of my head. That's not to say it's not possible, just that my brain isn't fully awake at this time of the morning. :)

After thinking about this a little while, there will be some formatting available for Posts and PCs in the next release.

format.webp

Tab is similar to Indent but without the line feed. Resulting in this..

results.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom