Adsense way too high - what would you do?

steven s

I have adsense running on 4 sites.
One has the forum temporarily closed yet income is up 900% from last month from one banner ad.
Page views are high compared to analytics.

I don't want to jeopardize my adsense account if something fraudulent is going on.
It really just looks like their reporting is wrong.
If I look at this month my active site is almost the same as the inactive one.

Yet if I look at last Nov my active site is almost 2x the inactive.

Has anyone else noticed anything weird?
I want to write to adsense support but I also don't want them to find something fraudulent that I'm not aware of.

If theres something dodgy going on they will find out one way or the other.

Best bet is to email them and ask, better than losing your account in the long run.

If theres something dodgy going on they will find out one way or the other.

Best bet is to email them and ask, better than losing your account in the long run.
It's a double edged sword. :(
I think I need to word it very carefully then.

It's a double edged sword. :(
I think I need to word it very carefully then.

Just say you've noticed a spike in your normal adsense revenue that seems way out of proportion to your usual takings and want to verify if this is an error or not, and if it is, what can be done to correct it.

Just say you've noticed a spike in your normal adsense revenue that seems way out of proportion to your usual takings and want to verify if this is an error or not, and if it is, what can be done to correct it.
That's what I did. I also noticed other reports showed normal activity so I think it's just an error in their reporting.
It's a shame kinda. I could have used the money. :)

Just out of interest, you don't use Doubleclick for Publishers do you with Adsense as remnant (specifically the default async ad-code)?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Just out of interest, you don't use Doubleclick for Publishers do you with Adsense as remnant (specifically the default async ad-code)?

Cheers,
Shaun :D
Never have.
The forum in question is a closed xf site.
I thought it might have had something to do with my vB site being hacked last month.
Same server.
Hacker injected his own pub id into my header. :(

Top Bottom