• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AdSense Revenue

tommydamic68

Am I crazy? Ever since I changed my Google ads to responsive beta "type" my Adsense money has dropped significantly. Anyone else?

shawn

It's also after Jan 1. Campaigns typically run out on Dec 31 and don't really pick back up until Feb and Mar. January has never been a strong month for us from an ad revenue perspective.

Just for reference, today we've only made 55% of the revenue for the month that we made by this time in December. We made 25% less yesterday (Jan 7) than we did the previous Tuesday.

And I have made no changes to the ads we're serving.

DBA

It's also after Jan 1. Campaigns typically run out on Dec 31 and don't really pick back up until Feb and Mar. January has never been a strong month for us from an ad revenue perspective.

Just for reference, today we've only made 55% of the revenue for the month that we made by this time in December. We made 25% less yesterday (Jan 7) than we did the previous Tuesday.

And I have made no changes to the ads we're serving.
Was just going to mention this. @tommydamic68 when did this decrease happen? My January daily average is a 3rd of what my December daily average was. It literally happened on Jan 1st.

I could see this being a combination of the changing to responsive ads and it being the first of the year. I'd suggest sticking it out for a month or two to see if it comes back.

I'm getting killed with the responsive adsense ad's myself. Revenue is down 50% since changing over to xenforo from vbulletin. This is brutal.

AzzidReign

Does DfP offer responsive Adsense inventory fall-back yet?
If you view my guide, you can see how I have it set up. It's not a dynamic responsive use, as it is unlikely that a user will be resizing the page after they load it so it is based on their browser width and will display the size ad I have designated for that size.