XF 1.5 Adsense Help

jeb35

Our forum is here. https://pctechforum.net/forum/ Our adsense account became active today and I have placed the code inside each ad template that we want. However, the only place the ad is showing up is at the very bottom, which is ad_below_content which I don't have entered Here are the ones that have the code entered.

1. ad_above_content
  2. ad_above_top_breadcrumb.
  3. ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb
  4. ad_forum_view_above_thread_list
  5. ad_sidebar_bottom
  6. ad_thread_view_above_messages
  7. ad_thread_view_below_messages

How come the other ads aren't appearing? Also, we found out that unless you are using the default style, the ads don't appear. How do we fix this? Is there something in the adsense settings that I need to change?

newly generated adsense codes take a while to start appearing on the website. since your account is new, it might take more time than usual. as long as the code is pasted correctly, it would eventually activate by itself.

Also, we found out that unless you are using the default style, the ads don't appear. How do we fix this?
If the other styles are not children of the default style, you will also need to paste the code into the ad templates of those styles.

All top level parent styles will need the ad code.

newly generated adsense codes take a while to start appearing on the website. since your account is new, it might take more time than usual. as long as the code is pasted correctly, it would eventually activate by itself.

Ok thanks, will check in the morning.
If the other styles are not children of the default style, you will also need to paste the code into the ad templates of those styles.

All top level parent styles will need the ad code.

One of the other admins is working on that as we speak.

I thought we were supposed to make edits to child themes? And keep the parent styles as it is so that they can be easily updated? (I have been running a forum for 13 years but I still do not get these basic things)

Top Bottom