Admin privs.. can't post

gwinans

Howdy.

I created a forum where only Admins and Moderators should be able to post

The option "Allow new messages to be posted in this forum" is unchecked. Is this an absolute (not even admins can override)?

If so, how do you create a locked forum that only X group can post in but anyone can read?

Howdy.

I created a forum where only Admins and Moderators should be able to post

The option "Allow new messages to be posted in this forum" is unchecked. Is this an absolute (not even admins can override)?

If so, how do you create a locked forum that only X group can post in but anyone can read?

At the permissions disallow all groups but x group, the permissions to post replies and threads and let them view the forum and read the threads.

Even after going through the node permissions and setting ALLOW for everything for the Administrator and Moderator groups, still no one can post in there.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but but based on what the permissions say vs. what's happening.. it makes no sense.

EDIT: I think I somewhat fixed it.. but now everyone can post in there, even with group perms having them set to "View Node" only.

Even after going through the node permissions and setting ALLOW for everything for the Administrator and Moderator groups, still no one can post in there.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but but based on what the permissions say vs. what's happening.. it makes no sense.

EDIT: I think I somewhat fixed it.. but now everyone can post in there, even with group perms having them set to "View Node" only.

Is this option checked at that forum setting?

Allow new messages to be posted in this forum?

If it is not, make sure to check it.

Top Bottom