Admin-Junkies.com - Admin, SEO & Webmaster Community

I’ve been working on the What’s New page, adding new widgets from a couple of add ons.

As well as working on a site (which is still work in progress) found here which is using @kolakube ’s Xenforo to Wordpress add on. Still need to add majority of our articles though.

Feedback on the website is always welcome!

I have added a Community Advice & Snippets forum - The aim is to provide practical tips and advice that you can use to create an active and engaged community. With this I hope to bring you valuable information and advice how to manage your community, enhance your community management skills. These are small articles / snippets that don't really belong in our articles add on because they're too small. I want to separate them from our regular discussions that aren't always focused on bringing knowledge but rather chit-chat. Still, I encourage them to threat like discussions where you are of course allowed to disagree with my opinions or bring your own advice. So, if you have any feedback or ideas to improve this - let me know.

05/01Edit: My latest Community Snippets:

If you liked our Snippets then we'd love to hear your thoughts. Register today - if you haven't already - and reply with your thoughts about them. Every feedback and opinion is respected and appreciated!​

Last edited:
cyan.webp

Dear members,

We're back and ready to rock your forum world with some awesome updates and improvements. You might have noticed our brief offline time, but fret not, because we've been working behind the scenes to make your experience here even more epic! :D

🛠️ What's New and Improved:​

✨ Community Building:
We've unleashed the power of collaboration with our new Community Building initiative. It's all about joining forces with fellow forum owners, exchanging posts, and supporting each other's communities. Get ready to level up your engagement game and create bonds that'll make your forum shine!

✨ Footer Change:​

Check out our revamped forum footer! We've added a special spot just for Community Building events. Stay tuned and never miss a chance to get your forum in the spotlight and connect with other awesome members.

✨ Layout Improvements:​

We've spiced things up with some layout changes that'll make navigating the Advertising Junction a breeze. We want you to feel right at home as you explore and interact with our vibrant community.

✨ Bye-Bye Posting Packages:​

We've decided to shake things up and bid farewell to our Posting Packages service. Why, you ask? We're all about member-to-member engagement and exchanges now, creating a buzzing hive of activity and awesome discussions.

✨ Service Team to the Rescue:​

The Packages Team has gone through a bit of a makeover and emerged as the Service Team. They're here to assist you, answer your burning questions, and ensure you have an amazing experience with our new services.

✨ Forum Software Upgrade:​

We've kicked our forum software up a notch with a fancy upgrade to XenForo v2.2.13. Get ready for smoother browsing, enhanced security, and a sprinkle of magic that'll make your time here even more delightful.

✨ Ongoing Fine-Tuning:​

We're still in the process of tweaking and perfecting some bits and pieces. Expect some permission setting adjustments, topic prefixes to level up your discussions, and badges galore to celebrate your achievements.

We've missed you all and can't wait to dive back into the exciting world of the Admin Junkies. Your feedback and ideas are the fuel that keeps us going, so don't be shy—let us know what you think! Even if that's feedback about changes you don't like. :D

If you have any questions, need assistance, or just want to share your excitement, reach out to our friendly Staff Team or any of our awesome Administrators (@Reverie is the best ;)). We're here to make your experience a blast.

Welcome back to the Admin Junkies - where the fun never ends and connections are made to last. Let's rock this place and create forums that'll leave a lasting impression!

Thanks for your input, it’s appreciated. I have been struggling to put content on top without making it looking cluttered and bad. So that’s definitely something to work on.

Thanks for your input, it’s appreciated. I have been struggling to put content on top without making it looking cluttered and bad. So that’s definitely something to work on.
I'd turn your register notice into a floating notice. I'd still reduce the waves in the header and also block-headers.

Ditch the sub-nav, you have new posts + search which are both in the nav.

1684423314947.png

I mean, as a guest, I'd rather see your nodes here than large graphics that are frankly, useless (they look nice but serve no real purpose).

Last edited:

VUqU0w3.webp

9 Months of Admin Junkies! 🎉

I didn't realize earlier today, so I feel stupid for accidentally looking at the calendar and noticed it's the 30th of June. Which officially marks our 9 months of existence. :D

We couldn't have reached this milestone without the unwavering support and contributions of each and every member. So I want to express our heartfelt appreciation and reflect on the journey that brought us to this point. Admin Junkies has blossomed into a vibrant and dynamic forum, attracting a diverse group of dedicated administrators, moderators, and enthusiasts from around the globe. Over the past 9 months, our community has created an environment of collaboration, learning, and growth, where members freely exchange ideas, share experiences, and offer support to one another.

I want to extend my deepest gratitude to every member of Admin Junkies who has played an integral role in shaping our community. Your thoughtful contributions, thought-provoking discussions, and willingness to share your expertise have been the driving force behind the success of this forum. Each post, comment, and interaction has enriched our collective knowledge and brought us closer as a community. ❤️

I take pride to know Admin Junkies has become a platform for personal and professional growth, offering valuable resources, insights, and opportunities for administrators to enhance their skills and expand their knowledge base. We extend our thanks to the experts who have graciously shared their wisdom, contributed valuable content, and participated in engaging discussions, enriching the experiences of all our members.

As we celebrate this 9-month milestone, we also look ahead to the exciting future of Admin Junkies. We remain committed to develop a further thriving community, providing a platform for administrators to connect, learn, and inspire one another. We are dedicated to continuously improving and evolving to meet the needs and aspirations of our members, ensuring that Admin Junkies remains a valuable resource and a hub of collaboration.

I want to add that we will proceed to publish quality content and provide new resources in the future.

THANK YOU! 😍

Latest Community Advice & Snippets:
  1. Traffic and Engagement Satisfactory

2. Avoiding Bad Leadership, and Losing Credibility

More coming soon!

Thought I'd share some news. :)

We hope you're having a fantastic summer! We have some thrilling news to share with you today – Admin Junkies is all set for a series of exciting updates and improvements over the Summer of 2023!

We've been hard at work behind the scenes to enhance your experience and provide you with even more opportunities to promote and grow your online businesses. Whether you're a forum owner, blogger, YouTuber, or Discord Server admin, we're here to support your journey to online success.

Here's what you can expect in the upcoming weeks:

This Week - W/c Monday 24th July 2023
  • New Staff Team Structure: Admins > Community Team > Service Team > Supporting Staff Team
  • Unified Branding: Admin Junkies forum, website, and social media channels will have a fresh look! (Keep an eye out for new social media platforms too!)
  • Welcome to Our New Service Team Members
  • Introducing the Content Bundle Service (LIVE)
By the end of July 2023

• New Frontend Website
  • Forum Move: We'll be relocating to www.admin-junkies.com/community sub-path
  • Server and Email System Maintenance
  • Enhanced Notifications: Enjoy push notifications and a better alerting system
  • Node Layout and Filtering: A refreshed node layout and improved filtering for easier discussions
1st-15th August 2023

• Strengthening AJ Credits: Stronger ties between fiat currency (USD$, EUR, GBP£, etc.) and AJ Credits
  • Admin Junkies Freelance Ecosystem: Get ready for a brand new marketplace to expand your opportunities
  • Site Battles Relaunched: Exciting changes are coming to the Site Battles feature
  • Forum Styling Tweaks: Expect some design enhancements to make your experience more enjoyable
By the end of August 2023

• New Services Announcement: Stay tuned for exciting service updates
  • Enhanced Article/News System: A more seamless integration with our main website
September 2023

• Bug Fixes and Corrections: We'll be addressing any issues to ensure smooth sailing
  • More Exciting Announcements: There's even more in store - stay tuned for future updates!
We're thrilled to share this roadmap with you, and we can't wait to jump on this journey together. In the coming weeks, we'll provide detailed information about each update, along with tips on leveraging these changes to boost your online businesses. Help us spread the word, engage in discussions, and get ready to make the most of those AJ Credits!

Content Bundle Service is LIVE!

On another note, we're excited to introduce our Content Bundles! This service offers various digital content options suitable for a diverse range of communities – from forums to blogs, Twitch channels, YouTube channels, and social media pages! Our service is officially OPEN for business, and you can place your order today! Click here [insert link] to learn more. As a special treat for first-time orders, use the coupon code BUNDLELAUNCH to get a FREE 10 posts!

Exciting Marketplace and Freelance Services Expansion!

We're thrilled to announce that our Admin Junkies marketplace and freelance services have expanded, providing you with even more opportunities to connect, collaborate, and grow your online ventures. Whether you're looking to buy or sell products or seeking specialized skills to enhance your forum, we've got you covered!

Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products

In this dynamic marketplace section, you can connect with potential buyers or sellers and explore a diverse range of products for your online enterprise. Check out the following categories:
  • Websites and Forums Designs, Themes, and Skins: Find the perfect look for your forum or offer your unique designs to the community.
  • Domain Names: Discover catchy domain names to boost your online presence or sell your unused domains.
  • Advertising and Traffic: Drive more traffic to your forum with effective advertising solutions or promote your services to other webmasters.
  • Software Licenses: Access software licenses to enhance your forum's functionality or sell your unused licenses to interested parties.
  • Other Digital Goods: Explore a variety of digital products tailored for online businesses.
  • Graphic Requests Archive: Have specific graphic requests? Check out the archive for past graphic design offerings.
Services Offered / Looking to Hire

In this section, talent meets opportunity, and forums thrive through collaboration. Whether you need specialized skills or want to offer your expertise to fellow webmasters, you'll find the perfect match here. Look into the following categories:
  • Graphic or Web Design: Elevate your forum's visual appeal with expert graphic or web design services.
  • Programming or Coding: Get customized coding solutions to add unique features and functionalities to your forum.
  • Web Hosting: Find reliable web hosting services to ensure your forum runs smoothly.
  • Search Engine Optimization: Boost your forum's visibility in search engines and attract more visitors.
  • Content Writing: Enrich your forum with compelling content and engage your audience effectively.
  • Other Services: Explore a variety of specialized services tailored for online communities.
  • Posting and Affiliate Exchanges: Collaborate with other forum owners to exchange posts and expand your reach.
Join us in this exciting marketplace and unleash the true potential of your online businesses. Whether you're buying, selling, or seeking specialized skills, our expanded marketplace and freelance services offer a world of possibilities.

Head over to Services and Freelance Marketplace to explore the marketplace and find the perfect match for your needs. Don't miss out on the chance to connect, collaborate, and thrive in the Admin Junkies community!

Lastly, here are the latest articles you won't want to miss:

1. 10 Big Mistakes Community Managers Make

2. Learning from the Fall: Navigating Leadership Challenges in Online Forums

3. Do not promote your forum, promote yourself!

4. Forum Budgets: Smart Spending for Lasting Success

5. Beyond the Headlines: Unique Topic Articles for Engaging Content

6. The balance between real life and managing an online community

Thank you for being an integral part of the Admin Junkies community. Your feedback and engagement drive us to continually improve and offer the best experience possible. We're excited to see you make the most of our Summer Updates!

Best wishes,

The Admin Junkies Team

I like your forum, looks very different from other forums I've seen so far. Good luck with it. Maybe I can join as well :)

We are officially 1 year old!​

🎉 Celebrating One Year of Admin Junkies 🎁

My dear dear beloved Admin Junkies Community,

It's hard to believe that a year has flown by since we started this incredible journey together at Admin Junkies, your trusted webmaster forum. I don't know where to start. One year ago, marked on September 22, I've began a journey not knowing it would succeed. Not knowing I would get to know many great friends, not knowing what the future would hold. Let alone, even know I would celebrate a one year anniversary now. I've had so much joy in "trying to be a leader" - I've learned so much from this community. I've got to know so many great people.

We've had our ups and downs, and I couldn't be more proud on what we have achieved together. We're one of the best communities I know, and I know that may sound a bit biased but still, you are all great people and I love having a reason to be here. Support, laughter, compassion, fun, sadness, we've all shared it with each other. So, thank you! Thank you for being here. I will continue to pour in my soul for a very long time to come.

Here's a throwback to the opening topic:

Without you, the members, nor my beloved staff members, none of this would be possible. Therefore, I present you:

NB: There's a few more events and giveaways coming up. Stay tuned! :)

Much love,
Cedric

We're delighted to share some recent improvements on the Admin Junkies forum, and we believe these updates will enhance the user experience for both our existing community members and newcomers.

Introducing the New Sidebar:

The most noticeable change is the addition of a brand new sidebar when viewing threads. This sidebar is designed to improve navigation, making it easier for users to explore the forum, engage with content, and discover discussions of interest. It's a user-friendly addition that simplifies the browsing experience.

Screenshot-88.jpg

Trending Thread Widget:

One of the highlights of this new sidebar is the "Trending Thread" widget. This feature allows users to stay up-to-date with the most engaging and popular discussions happening on the forum. It's a great tool to quickly discover the hottest topics and join in on the conversations that matter to you.

Your Feedback is Valued:

At Admin Junkies, we highly value the feedback and ideas from our community. If you have suggestions or thoughts on what can be added to the sidebar to improve the experience, we welcome your input. Your opinions matter, and we're committed to making the forum even more tailored to your preferences.

New "Ignore More" Features:

In addition to the sidebar, we've introduced new features that give users more control over their forum experience. These features include:

• "Show Ignored Content" Link: Easily reveal hidden content on the news feed and latest activity pages, allowing for a more customizable experience.
  • Choose What to Ignore: Users can now ignore or unignore threads or entire forums in the news feed, thread list, and forum list, tailoring their forum experience to their liking.
  • Account Area Insight: Users can see what they are ignoring within their account area, providing greater transparency and control.
1. Choose to ignore a specific forum:
Screenshot-85.jpg

2. Ignore preferences:
Screenshot-86.jpg

3. The forum is no longer listed:
Screenshot-87.jpg

We believe that these updates will enhance the Admin Junkies experience for all users, whether you're an existing community member or someone just discovering our forum. We're committed to ensuring that Admin Junkies remains a welcoming and user-friendly hub for all things admin-related.

Thank you for taking the time to explore these changes with us. We look forward to continuing to improve our platform and provide a space for engaging discussions and resourceful content. Join us at Admin Junkies and let your voice be heard in shaping our community!

Best regards,
Cedric

Among other great updates lately, we've got a new theme. We've got some pretty cool stuff planned coming in the following weeks.

Admin Junkies is not just another webmaster forum. It’s a movement, a supportive and welcoming community, and most importantly, a space where every voice matters, every idea is cherished, and every dream is championed. Whether you’re an established webmaster or just starting on your digital journey, Admin Junkies promises growth, connection, and unwavering support. Join today, and be part of a webmaster revolution.

1699651510535.webp

1699651533735.webp

1699651561459.webp

Here’s a little video I made:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
We're thrilled to announce the launch of Admin Junkies 3.0 – our latest forum theme that's all about personalization and style. This is not just an update; it's a complete overhaul designed with you in mind.

What’s New?
  • Theme Editor: Customize your forum experience with our new theme editor. Personalize to your taste!
  • Dark Mode: Dive into the sleekness of dark mode, giving you a stylish look with a focus on comfort for those late-night browsing sessions.
  • Wider View: Spread out with our more expansive layout and enjoy a broader visual structure for your discussions.
  • Grid View: Switch up how you see forum listings with an easy-to-navigate grid view.
  • Illustrated Grid View: Customize your grid view with unique background images for each forum, or keep it simple by turning them off.
  • Sidebar Options: Optimize your space by closing the sidebar for a streamlined look, or keep it open to stay fully engaged.
  • Sticky Sidebar: Keep your most important tools at hand with a sidebar that smartly sticks by your side.
  • Animated Header: Add a little life to your forum with moving particles in the header area – or switch them off when you crave simplicity.
  • Graphic Backgrounds: Choose from a selection of granite backgrounds to give your forum space a distinctive edge.
We Want Your Feedback!

Your journey with Admin Junkies is what propels us forward. As we step into this new chapter, your thoughts and feedback are invaluable. Dive into Admin Junkies 3.0, explore the nuances, and let us know what you think. Every comment, every suggestion, will help us create the most welcoming and dynamic space for webmasters far and wide.
As always, if you're not fond of the new theme, our 2.0 is still available in the theme selector. :) For now our new theme has been set default. We still have many great things coming! :D

Join the Evolution

Step into Admin Junkies 3.0 and customize your experience like never before. We can't wait to see the forums through your eyes.

Thanks,
Admin Junkies Team

1699828130860.webp

We're thrilled to unveil our new homepage, a dedicated learning hub just for you: https://admin-junkies.com/learn. (Or visit our navigation) This new extension of our community is not just a mere addition; it's a game-changer, a fresh start. It's where knowledge meets curiosity, and growth becomes part of our routine.

First of all, my eternal gratitude goes to kolakube. Without him, none of this was possible! He has poured in his soul and you can tell! Thank you, Alex, I'll be forever in your debt. 🙌

We've been working behind the scenes, weaving together articles, glossaries, and snippets to not just broaden your knowledge but to give you tangible insights you can apply. Whether you're starting out or you've been at this for years, there's always something here to take your skills up a notch.

As we continue to refine the design and functionality over the next months, we're also opening up the doors for you to contribute. If you've got wisdom to share, we're here to support you in getting your articles up on the Learn site. If you wish to know more, send us a PM. Meanwhile we'll continue adding content.

This also means that our add on "Article Management System" is retiring. Once everything has been moved over, the add on will be disabled.

This isn't just about adding content; it's about growing our forums, creating our community. With new tracking tools in place, we're keeping an eye on growth and engagement. And guess what? We're not just hoping to chart progress; we plan to share these insights with you in the coming months.

Let's make this a hub of knowledge. Together, we're not just building a forum; we're creating a legacy of webmasters who are as keen on learning as they are on leading. :cool:

As always, feedback is encouraged, we'd love to hear what you think!
Thanks,
Admin Junkies Team

Top Bottom