Admin Extra 3.0

The Sandman

Admin Extra has a new style!

As many of you know, the site has had a colorful history - initially launched using vBulletin, then converted to IPB, and ultimately running on XenForo. For most of its existence it has maintained its signature color scheme - a tasteful combination of black, red, gray, and white tones created by Shelley and Lisa.

After upgrading the forum to XenForo 1.2 it became obvious that the style needed to be rejiggered as well in order to maintain full functionality. After considering several possibilities I decided that I wanted to maintain the same appearance that Admin Extra has always had while making it completely new under the hood. In other words, it had to be fully responsive with total XenForo 1.2 compatibility but still look like the old AdEx .

In order to accomplish this I looked at the currently available skins and did some research. I kept coming back to Arty's Soft Responsive and Dark Responsive styles. So I contacted Arty and asked about the possibility of getting a semi-custom style based on Soft Responsive with some dark influences from Dark Responsive adjusted to closely resemble the original Admin Extra color scheme along with some of the original graphics (mainly header and forum icons).

Working with Arty was a great experience! He is extremely skilled in the art of styling XenForo and was very pleasant (and patient!) during the relatively short development period. It probably wasn't the most funnest project he's worked on since the goal (in a sense) was to create a style that wouldn't get noticed. Of course, that's only true on the surface, as the real goal was for the style to be recognized for what it was - a recreation, an improvement of an already awesome original.

In the end, Arty created a really sweet style that is true to the original, but also speaks for itself. I hope he's as happy with it as I am! :D

Nicely done . Looks pretty good . Do you think AE can release that review system anytime in future would make one nice addon .

Unfortunately, that add-on was done for XenForo 1.1.X and no longer works properly since we upgraded to XF 1.2.X, and I'm not at all sure it's still being supported by the coder. I'm currently working on using the Showcase add-on for showcasing and reviewing forums. TBH I'm not sure what to do about the web hosting review part of it.

I'll contact the coder and see if it could still be upgraded and possibly released, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Unfortunately, that add-on was done for XenForo 1.1.X and no longer works properly since we upgraded to XF 1.2.X, and I'm not at all sure it's still being supported by the coder. I'm currently working on using the Showcase add-on for showcasing and reviewing forums. TBH I'm not sure what to do about the web hosting review part of it.

I'll contact the coder and see if it could still be upgraded and possibly released, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Ye i heard it was done exclusively for AE. You can always get someone else and get it polished .

It's the same size as Xenforo's tabs, which is also small. The main reason I even posted on admin extra in the first place is because the tabs were bigger and it was easier for my big fingers to click on when browsing from my phone. I preferred the design over other admin forums due to that menu being bigger.

I really don't see the difference in the size of the tabs between the old and new version, but if you want I can allow the old style to be chosen - just for you. :p

OK - re-enabled. It still works pretty well, but it won't be maintained going forward.
Noo you can delete that one. What I mean is... lol nvm, let me show you.

For instance, look at your existing theme: Create a child style copy of it.

Then all you should edit is this:

Style Properties/Header and Navigation/Settings/Header Tab Height (change to larger number)

Style Properties/Popup Menus/Menu Link/Padding (change All to a larger number)

Make those numbers bigger and navigating the menu from mobile phones will be easier for those of us with big fingers. I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned. Xenforo's default menus are too small in mobile theme.

Top Bottom