Admin Empower is looking to sponsor a good forum idea.

ADMlN EMPOWER

Hello,

Admin Empower is looking to sponsor a good forum idea. What this means is we would like to provide you a forum script (Xenforo) and free hosting (Dual Xeon Dedicated -- Shared With Only A Few Users) if you have a good plan to build a community.

We are looking for someone we can partner with and benefit from. Right now we only have one of these offers open so please PM me your ideas and we will choose one of you to sponsor.

We are looking to sponsor a forum that preferably is based on the following topics:

Technology
- Hosting
- Coding
- Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Admin Forum
- Marketing Forum
Religion
- Christian General
- Christian Dating
Other
- Dating General (paid dating service only).

Name of site (and/or forum)?: You choose
Link to forum?: Let us know the domain you would like.
Forum Software?: Xenforo (Possibly IPB if you really want it).
Seeking?: Admin, Co-Founder
Paid Position?: Quite Possibly Via Ad Revenue
How do you wish to be contacted? PM

We will be choosing the idea which we feel has the greatest potential. When contacting me please use this form:

1) Chosen Niche:
2) What Domain You Would Like:
3) How You Plan To Market The Forum/Attract Visitors: (VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY -- If you get this right then you may pass even if the rest does not seem tenable)
4) Creative Monetization Ideas: (Dating Service, Market Place, ETC)
5) Your Full Idea:
6) Your Skills (optional): (PHP?, HTML?, Hosting?, SSH?, SQL?)
7) Target Audience:
8) Three Or More Sites That Have Done Something Similar:
9) How Your Forum Will Be Unique From Its Competitors: (If you have a good marketing plan this may not be needed)
10) Previous Admin Experience In Detail (optional):
11) Why You Think This Niche Is Best Or Your Background In This Niche:

Generally speaking 90% of forum ideas fail. We would love to hear creative and original ideas that will supersede the status quo.

Admin Empower basically wants to encourage a free and easy to use web. If your idea focuses on helping admins and webmasters we will also consider this.

P.S. Just to let the admin team here know, we do have an account here with a paid XF license. Also, please let me know if this is not the forum to post this in.

I doubt you will get many takers with the detail you have provided so far.

Who will own the community, database, and domain name?

What is in it for the person who gives you their great idea and builds you a revenue generating community?

Is it a profit share only (which will be a poor offering initially since most communities take years to generate any real revenue)?

What level and length of commitment is required?

I don't wish to be negative but as I read your post all I get is ... "I'm looking for someone to do all the hard work in exchange for me providing you with the hosting and software!!" - personally, I don't think it's such a great deal.

Perhaps expanding on what the prospective partner gets out of it may help leverage interest? Maybe there's something else to sweeten the deal that you haven't mentioned?

Also, what's your background - give us some examples of great sites you manage or have built so we can see what your pedigree is ... I might build you a great site and you might trash it within a month ... ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

How the cooperation will work we will figure out on a case by case basis. Be default, you will own the community, the domain etc. I will present an idea of how we can benefit once we hear from you (probably a small scale profit share).

I doubt you will get many takers with the detail you have provided so far.

Who will own the community, database, and domain name?

What is in it for the person who gives you their great idea and builds you a revenue generating community?

Is it a profit share only (which will be a poor offering initially since most communities take years to generate any real revenue)?

What level and length of commitment is required?

I don't wish to be negative but as I read your post all I get is ... "I'm looking for someone to do all the hard work in exchange for me providing you with the hosting and software!!" - personally, I don't think it's such a great deal.

Perhaps expanding on what the prospective partner gets out of it may help leverage interest? Maybe there's something else to sweeten the deal that you haven't mentioned?

Also, what's your background - give us some examples of great sites you manage or have built so we can see what your pedigree is ... I might build you a great site and you might trash it within a month ... ;)

Cheers,

In my opinion a founder of a site can just build his own site, if someone wants to support their site via sponsoring they can sponsor money for starters via PayPal (or whatever), and the site founder that runs the site can use it responsibly. What is given in return is a per case contract.

I would personally not do the hard work for anybody else, if they own and benefit from it all. Sounds like being in a cubicle doing employment work for a ceo cashing in on his 250k yearly bonus.

In my opinion a founder of a site can just build his own site, if someone wants to support their site via sponsoring they can sponsor money for starters via PayPal (or whatever), and the site founder that runs the site can use it responsibly. What is given in return is a per case contract.

I would personally not do the hard work for anybody else, if they own and benefit from it all. Sounds like being in a cubicle doing employment work for a ceo cashing in on his 250k yearly bonus.
I think I must have miss-phrased my intentions. You will own the forum, not us. We want to help a forum admin succeed.

I think I must have miss-phrased my intentions. You will own the forum, not us. We want to help a forum admin succeed.
If you can write out a spec of what you require, plus what you desire in return, while we retain full ownership of the database, files, license, unique IP, and domains + userbase, please do feel free to contact us at contact [at] xenfans [dot] com. We're always open to a discussion with a potential sponsor to help the site's idea progress to the next level. An influx in funding will help us invest in various elements which I rather not disclose publicly here. That is, if you guys are interested in supporting a xenforo enthusiast community to go from serious to professional.

Basically, AE has lots of extra hosting and a few licenses and some cash. We are looking for positions of influence (we sell products to help community admins) and possibly some extra ad revenue. In most cases we would help your forum get started and with our help you would seek to make a successful forum and once you monetize it we would like to have a portion of that. It is potentially a trade off where everyone wins. Also if our products can help you monetize then you will also share in the profit of those products. Nonetheless, we are thinking long term as AE is still in development.

It's still a bad idea. No one would want to do this kind of "scheme." Its either they buy their way to success, or not at all.

Basically, AE has lots of extra hosting and a few licenses and some cash. We are looking for positions of influence (we sell products to help community admins) and possibly some extra ad revenue. In most cases we would help your forum get started and with our help you would seek to make a successful forum and once you monetize it we would like to have a portion of that. It is potentially a trade off where everyone wins. Also if our products can help you monetize then you will also share in the profit of those products. Nonetheless, we are thinking long term as AE is still in development.

That's better - an outline (and an up-front and honest one too) that tells people what the general set-up is.

You want to support someone in building a new community in the hope of generating extra promotion, leads, and sales for your own products and services. That's reasonable, providing you are fair in the sharing and continue to be supportive after the honeymoon period ... :D

In the main I can see this appealing to someone who has lots of enthusiasm but little or no resources.

Good luck to anyone who gives it a go.

Cheers,

Top Bottom