XF 1.5 admin area is just displaying a blank screen?

Sam F

Hi I sent out emails to members yesterday and it timed out.

Now this morning I cannot open/enter admin?

Any idea why all of a sudden my admin area isn’t loading and is just displaying a blank screen?

I tried to run the option that says "Rebuild Master Data" and see if it will fix the problem.

No change?

Using Firefox
Tried Chrome
edge
Also tried from my Cell Phone
all same white screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
The latest version for 1.5 is 1.5.24. I would reupload the newest version you are offered and try the install again. There have been many failed upgrades even though it says upgrade complete.

Have you installed any addons? I would still try to reupload the latest upgrade package available to you. If you have a current license then you can download the latest version and install that.

Hi again

no I have not installed any new addons at all lately or did anything setting changes... it just stopped working this morning.
I have not upgraded to 2.0 yet mainly because I have addons that do not support it yet.

Thanks

I understand my upgraded ended Feb 18, 2018 so i'm not sure if I can upgrade at this time? did not want to pay agin until l I can upgrade to 2.0

Thanks

I performed the upgrade just now to 1.5.17
the upgrade said complete, enter control panel

when I try to enter the admin section it is still just displaying a blank screen?

Have you tried a different browser by chance?

Hi Yes Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE
definitely not that...
main forum page also displays a server error massage... that I cannot get into the Admin section to address them, of disable the addon etc.
this is displayed on the main forum page:

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'name_forumname.xf_sidebar_news' doesn't exist in engine

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in Andy/SidebarNews/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 18
Andy_SidebarNews_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in Andy/Countdown/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 13
Andy_Countdown_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in Andy/ForumListCount/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 8
Andy_ForumListCount_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/name_doaminname/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13

Okay, let's try this. Edit your library/config.php file and add $config['enableListeners'] = false; That will disable all addons and may allow you into the ACP.

OK Cool, that made the above error message go away. Thanks... at-least now members cannot see the above message...
but still cannot gain access to the Admin section?

Thanks again
I had my host tech support working on this, and they just text me stating to try it now...
I was able to get the admin login screen and enter xenforo admin section...

support said
QUOTE:
The permission was wrong for the admin.php page and I've corrected it. UNQUOTE"

now I will try to disable the adons and check out some other stuff?

maybe run health check etc...

I will post if any other problems...

Thanks again

Top Bottom