Admin Addict now on xenForo

Not really liking blue themed styles as a rule and i can't say I am fond of this theme too much either, since it's almost all blue everywhere. I'm sure once you've ironed out any issues and you familiarise yourself with XF you'll be either looking for a new theme or creating one?

Any reason why you moved to xenforo since the last time i read your postings you were really happy with IPB. what changed?

I was and still am happy with IPB. I felt xenforo was a better option.

The blue style is almost an exact copy of the original AA. It was much easier to duplicate than the IPB style.

I'm sure the style was different with remnants of dark blue to the older layout. It's your choice of course, but I do feel the style does need more work though. I remember designing Ranks for nick when he owned AA if you require the PSD for those ranks let me know and you can have them (wasn't sure whether you lost them or decided not to use them anymore) but thought I'd ask.
adminaddict_ranks.webp

I remember you doing them. I can't find the original zip that Nick sent to me when I bought the site so I lost those rank icons until now that is.

Thanks Shelley.

Seems to run a bit faster on XenForo, hope to see the site pick up steam again. Not a fan of the style though - which has been said already, so I won't go on about it :). The style was the one thing I really did like about AA on IPB.

Gotta ask though.. what made you convert to XenForo.... you made so many anti-posts about it, I distinctly recall quite a few where you stated you'd never use XenForo :D

Yes I was critical. I also ate my share of crow when all was said and done. Through it all I never disliked the software. In fact I converted one of my sites very early on and bought a copy the first day it went on sale.

Why did I convert? I like the software and have been slowly converting my sites to it. AA was always going to be converted to it at some point. I decided to wait until the features I needed were added. This happened with 1.2 so the time was right.

I remember you doing them. I can't find the original zip that Nick sent to me when I bought the site so I lost those rank icons until now that is.

Thanks Shelley.

No problem Bob. If you pc me an e-mail address I'll send the psd to you. (just tidying the psd up as we speak).

Yes I was critical. I also ate my share of crow when all was said and done. Through it all I never disliked the software. In fact I converted one of my sites very early on and bought a copy the first day it went on sale.

Why did I convert? I like the software and have been slowly converting my sites to it. AA was always going to be converted to it at some point. I decided to wait until the features I needed were added. This happened with 1.2 so the time was right.
Sounds fair enough to me :) Nothing wrong with changing your mind (y)

The color of the site reminds me of toothpaste.

I liked the theme you had up before you moved to Xenforo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say that, I said I think it looks good...which I do. Every style can always use improvements. As long as it suits Bob's needs, I think it looks fine as is.

o_O Okay John your a more experienced styler than me so you know best.

I think the style looks good, Bob, well done.
Thanks John. I am always tinkering with the styles on my sites. Seems I just can't get them perfect. I will say the only styles I never had to tinker with were the ones I bought from you.

Good grief Shelley, I just made a simple statement that I liked it and thought it looked good. :confused:

Blimey John. What's up with you today? so did I, Make a statement like I've always done and thought the style needed improvement (if Aws is happy with it then that is what matters as you said) but I've critiqued like I've always done a hundred times but for some reason you just jumped on my post. I'm just trying to offer improvements (like sending the psds to the original ranks).

@AWS - I was genuinely trying to help (if I can) but I'll bail out of the thread seems like I'm treading on toes.

This thread needs more pigeons!

Looking good so far, maybe just a tad darker blue. Nice to see someone that was so anti-xF 6 months ago finally saw the light on the other side of the tunnel to give it a chance after all.
Pigeons make everything better. :D

FWIW, I think there's just a bit too much blue on the style - maybe change the forum names to a different colour.. just to break it up :)

I appreciate the help Shelley.

I was going to change the forum name color I just had forgot about it. I did get the category title changed. I still have some tweaking to do. It will never be done, but, for right now it works.

Top Bottom